Question System powers on automatically when plugging in the power cable ?

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Hi there!

I recently upgraded my GPU from a 1660 super to a 3080 ti to pair with my Ryzen 3700x.
I also upgraded the PSU from a 700w to a 1000w Evga GQ.
Everything is great system is running fine but now when I plug in the power cable to the PSU the system just up and powers on and posts.
Is this a feature or is there something wrong? Bios setting maybe? Just curious.
Thank you!

Edit: Specs
Ryzen 7 3700x
3080ti
WD Blue 1tb SSD
Evga 1000 GQ
32GB DDR4 3200mhz
Gigabyte B450m-ds3h

Lutfij

Titan
Does the issue crop up when the innards are breadboard? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Did you use DDU to uninstall your prior GPU drivers, while the GTX1660 Super was in your build prior to powering down and replacing with the RTX3080Ti?

As for the PSU, when you went with a new PSU, you should've looked into a unit that was slightly higher than 1KW, for a good headroom, in spite of the transient load spikes.

BlueGhost82

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Does the issue crop up when the innards are breadboard? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Did you use DDU to uninstall your prior GPU drivers, while the GTX1660 Super was in your build prior to powering down and replacing with the RTX3080Ti?

As for the PSU, when you went with a new PSU, you should've looked into a unit that was slightly higher than 1KW, for a good headroom, in spite of the transient load spikes.

Everything is fine with the system it runs great but when I say move the system somewhere to another room and plug in the power cable for the first time, it powers up and posts without pressing the power button — that is the only issue I am having.