System process Constantly Write's to main disk.

Nordby9

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
Hi.

I've got a couple of issues with my pc, i just spent most of sunday switching out mobo, cpu and ram, plus switching out cooler to watercooler.
so, the reasons i switched them out was that they were old and i had lots of issues with the ram and ram slots and stuff.
the issues are coil whine and when my pc is on, it will constantly write to my ssd.

The write issue persists even if i put the ssd into a completely different computer.
Its the process System that's writing. The PID is 4.
The process also makes the Average Response Time go all funky.
it can go from anywhere between 10ms to the max i've seen was in the millions, didnt get a good enough look before it updated and switched to a different number. most of the time it goes from around 30ms and upto 4-6k ms.
Now, if i start a complete virus scan of my ssd, then it'll sortoff snap it out of it and response time will be normal, but System will still write to it.
It write's at a speed of around 3-10MB/s.

my old setup was an amd card and, ofc, and amd cpu. with ddr3 ram.
And i switched to MSI Gaming M9 with an i7-6700k and 32gb ddr4 ram.
My ssd is a year old Samsung 850 500gb Evo.

My guess is its an issue with drivers or something crashing with eachother, or so i hope as if its something else it could be very bad.

I apologize for any info that is needed isnt here, just tell me what and ill see what i can do.
Hope you can help.

Nordby9

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015

Ill try that, I've also seen another thread here saying that this kinda issue has been popping up since one of the later windows updates. Updare: KB3201845
I could also try to uninstall that update.

Nordby9

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
The issue seems to be fixed, i do not know how it got fixed.
It could be that i disabled the superfetch service.
I also ran the WPR - cancel command in cmd ran as admin. I restarted the system aswell and it still seems to be fixed. :-D

Nordby9

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
problem isnt an issue anymore, as far as i know, the issue was a windows update. when i uninstalled it the problem got fixed.
however the update remained available and with win10 update the way it is, i had to disable windows update.
now that i've had to reenable windows update, the update seems to be gone. they might've removed it.