• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

    Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

    Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question System process high cpu usage when playing

The_Tiger_RD

Prominent
May 22, 2019
9
0
510
0
The system process, generally uses 1% of the cpu, but as soon as I start gaming, it takes 30%. If im in a lobby it doesnt, just when Im in a match. I think it may be the net drivers, since I have been having problems with those for a while now, and it makes sense, but I don´t know. can anyone help me?
 

The_Tiger_RD

Prominent
May 22, 2019
9
0
510
0
It's a lot when gaming, since the game itself takes like 80%. With that added, my cpu is maxed and discord gets delayed and my whole pc does too.
i5-3470
8gb ram ddr3 (2x4gb)
Dell Optiplex 7010 MOBO
RX480 4gb
EVGA 500BR 80+ bronze psu
120gb ssd
1tb Hdd.

Like the whole pc reaches 100% easily because of this extra process. It didn't happen before. It started happening once I discovered I had a memory leak, like I booted up and started with 6gb in use. I fixed it with the sfc/scannow thingy. Then I went back to a regular 2gb when booting up. But now, for example: I'm in a lobby, system process only uses 1%. As soon as I get into a match, it goes up to 30%, and the game itself consumes the rest 70%. I know cpu is a bit outdated but it is fine, it worked before. Thanks for help
 

The_Tiger_RD

Prominent
May 22, 2019
9
0
510
0
7gb is high. game might be use the ssd/hdd for virtual memory

11gb is low, ssd work better with more free space
Okay, Imma try to free up the ssd. But the thing is, the game runs perfectly fine, its in my HDD also. Its that this additional system process it's taking cpu percentage, making me not able to talk properly on discord. All I want is a way to reduce that progress so it doesn't take up that much. It didn't use to do this.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY