CPU cooler: H100i
Graphics Card: Evga GTX 780Ti superclocked with ACX cooler
Mobo: Asus IV Rampage Black Edition
ram: 32gb G. Skill Trident X 1866MHz
PSU: Corsair HX 1050
Xonar STX Sound card
LED Lighting
2 Samsung SSDS

Hi guys. I built this pc about a month ago, and since couple weeks ago, it starts to just shut off randomly, then reboots on its own followed by the random shutoff. I really don't know what's going on. I did stress test on both CPU and GPU, and they all finished the test fine. The temperature is normal. Is it possibly the PSU is not strong enough to hold my specs?...

Solution
There are a few other options:
Remove the video card, plug your monitor into the integrated graphics output, and see how it runs. This will eliminate the idea that that sweet 780Ti isn't a dud.
Remove the cooling unit from the CPU and look at the condition of the thermal compound (if there is any). It may not be overheating because the CPU is underclocking automatically in self-preservation. If the compound appears burnt, or (goodness forbid) there is no paste there, get some and apply it. Do not use your bare skin for the application, bad, bad juju.
Lastly, (when all of that is settled, and if things still don't work right) install just one stick of ram and boot. Yes, the performance will be lacking. But by trying the...

clayofthe757

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
No way! That is more than enough power. In your testing did you re-seat the memory? I know their placement seems idiot proof, but sometimes we miss the little things. Have you researched the compatibility of the Asus board and the G. Skill memory (not at all likely that that should be the problem, but you never know). BIOS update? If you're using four RAM modules try removing them and trying them in different combinations of two. Could be one bad stick among the many.

Best of luck.

sacredmimi

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

Yeah I tried changing the ram configs, and I installed them just the way the motherboard suggested... So frustrating. I just looked into the event viewer, and apparently this shutdown is due to event ID 6008, which I absolutely have no clue :(

clayofthe757

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
There are a few other options:
Remove the video card, plug your monitor into the integrated graphics output, and see how it runs. This will eliminate the idea that that sweet 780Ti isn't a dud.
Remove the cooling unit from the CPU and look at the condition of the thermal compound (if there is any). It may not be overheating because the CPU is underclocking automatically in self-preservation. If the compound appears burnt, or (goodness forbid) there is no paste there, get some and apply it. Do not use your bare skin for the application, bad, bad juju.
Lastly, (when all of that is settled, and if things still don't work right) install just one stick of ram and boot. Yes, the performance will be lacking. But by trying the functionality of a single stick, one at a time, you can eliminate the idea of those as your problem component.
That event (ID 6008) is almost always heat related. Clean out your fans and dust filters. Make sure the air is flowing in one direction. If one fan is blowing against the flow it will recycle hot air.

I wish you the best. You can figure it out.

PS: Don't forget about a BIOS update.

Solution