System randomly shuts off

deathstreike125720

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Hey guys, would appreciate some help as I'm kinda stumped. Ever since yesterday my computer suddenly would shut off out of nowhere with no warning: no blue screen no error just a complete and sudden shut down. After it shutdown I tried to boot it back up but to no avail. The fans would start spinning but before bios it would just shut off again. I waited a while took out my PSU gave everything inside a dust off and made sure the cables were secured. After that it worked without a hitch for the rest of the night but today it shut off several times again, sometimes while my system was idle. As far as I can tell it's not a problem of CPU overheating as after it worked again I would regularly monitor my temps while under load (they did not exceed 50 C) and I don't think its a PSU problem as I have a relatively new EVGA supernova 750 gold (about 4 years old). If anyone could help me I would be very thankful as I might just do a clean install of windows at this point out of pure frustration. I have an AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHZ, Corsair H100i GTX, 8GB Hyper X Fury RAM, EVGA 970, EVGA 750 supernova gold, and a samsung ssd

Solution
You can do that, but to be honest... reinstalling windows and clearing cmos... I would bet money that will not fix this problem but it is worth a try since its easy to do.

deathstreike125720

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
So just tried rebooting my pc a couple of times, makes it past bios but turns off at windows log in screen. I checked the EVGA site and my PSU is still under warranty. Is there any way of checking if it's still good myself?

deathstreike125720

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014

So just tried rebooting my pc a couple of times, makes it past bios but turns off at windows log in screen. I checked the EVGA site and my PSU is still under warranty. Is there any way of checking if it's still good myself?

deathstreike125720

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014

Unfortunately the backup psu I had was a dud but I managed to restart my pc. Im going to back up some files i need and do a clean install of windows and reset my cmos. If that fails I guess it really cant be anything other than the psu and ill have to send my back to evga.

TRENDING THREADS