System randomly won't boot

thehashrepublic

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
So my PC it was working perfectly with the most updated bios as well as the most updated drivers. I have used this PC in the same configuration and both Hardware and settings for sed Hardware for about two weeks now. It was working perfectly last night and I decided to leave and go out with some friends. When I came back I want to do order something and my PC wouldn't boot. Now when turning it on it gives me the same error loop never changing. I have a ryzen 7 1800x 16GB Trident Z Ram gigabyte gaming K7 motherboard, in an RX Vega 64. Again they all had the same exact settings before it started looping and I haven't tampered with them. The endlessly looping code look something like this 3E 90 14 15 14 15 c0 C7 B5 B7 48. At the end of the loop before restarting the light changes over from the CPU to the D RAM for a split second and then the loop restarts. There is no signal to the monitor and I won't even get to bios. I reseated the ram and only used one stick and I had no effect, I also hit the CMOS reset on my motherboard also have no effect. Again it was working fine and the systems basically brand-new outside of the two weeks I've used it which it worked flawlessly during.

Please help I just wanted to enjoy my weekend but doesn't look like I'm going to get to do that now. As far as next week goes I have important files that I need for school and work. Thankfully the support for gigabytes calling center is not open on the weekends and I'm yet to get a reply on the email so that's great.

Solution

I'm not sure what was causing your initial problem, but as far as i understand the backup BIOS is read only, so no matter how many times you update the primary BIOS, the backup will still be good.

thehashrepublic

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017

Hey so switching the bios button to the back up worked. To make sure this doesn't happen again what my next steps?
Currently I'm replying from the PC and the reader only gives A0 = IDE initialization is started. I went from F10 back to F4.

I'm not sure what was causing your initial problem, but as far as i understand the backup BIOS is read only, so no matter how many times you update the primary BIOS, the backup will still be good.

Solution

thehashrepublic

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I'm not sure what was causing your initial problem, but as far as i understand the backup BIOS is read only, so no matter how many times you update the primary BIOS, the backup will still be good.[/quotemsg]

Cool well that is good, do you know how I can fix the main Bios/ do a clean install of them files so i don't have to use the PC in its "backup" mode all the time?

thehashrepublic

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017

How can i flash it when on the "main switch" cant even get to bios to re flash it? Or do i re flash it well on the back up switch ?

You could use the @BIOS app in Windows.

*@BIOS*
The GIGABYTE @BIOS app allows you to update your system’s BIOS from within Windows using a simple and slick graphical user interface. @BIOS can automatically download the latest version from the GIGABYTE servers or you can update your BIOS from a file on your computer. @BIOS also allows you to save your current BIOS to a file, recover your previous BIOS from an image and backup your BIOS to an image.

0mCAykk.png

TRENDING THREADS