System reset when gaming/GPU stress testing, but is GPU definitely the problem?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 18, 2019
Well, thanks. I'll leave this thread open until I've confirmed the new GPU works.
The 980Ti was into its fourth year, so well past its warranty. Probably as simple as that. It served me well.

jankerson

Illustrious
BANNED

Was a great GPU, should have lasted a lot longer though, a few more years I would say.

I had GPU's that were 7 years old and still ran fine, still have a few of them that I haven't trashed yet.

Jan 18, 2019
jankerson, would the Seasonic PSU be suitable for a mini RTX 2060 or even a mini 1080 GPU on a GA-H270N-WIFI motherboard, or would you say the GPU would require an even more powerful PSU and higher quality motherboard to be on the safe side?

jankerson

Illustrious
BANNED

That PSU will handle anything including an RTX 2080Ti so I think you will be fine.

The MB is fine.

The only difference would be if you moved away from the ITX and went with one of the higher end Z390 MB's that take 2x CPU power connections.

Then it would take the 750W vers that has those connections.

Jan 18, 2019
So I'm pleased to report that the new RTX 2060 (along with the new Seasonic PSU) solved the issue. No system reset when gaming - tested for 5-6 hours. Thank you, all.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS