[SOLVED] System restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sindhu84

Honorable
Nov 9, 2016
Hello

I am having issues with my pc.
First it shutdown and restarts while playing games but now it also shutdown and restarts while simple doing browsing.
I have tried following things

New windows
Checked ram sticks one by one
Cpu and gpu temperature are less than 70’c
Updated bios

Specifications are
Core i9 9900k
Mb:Msi z390 ace
Psu.Evga t2 850
Msi gtx 1080
Corsair dominator 3200 32 gb
Samsung 970 pro

Friend of mine told me there is power supply issue but i cant believe evga t2 850 can be defective because it has many protective features. Any advice will be appreciated.
Sorry if my english is bad but i am worried because i spent all my savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that PSU? Was it new or used when installed?

Windows 10? Take a look in Reliability History for error code and warning icons captured at the time of any restart.

Simply type "Reliability History" into the "Type here to search" box.

And think of it this way: It could be one of those protective features that is causing a power supply issue.

You can do some simple voltage testing on a PSU if you have a multimeter and know how to use it.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Perhaps your friend could help.

If it is a EVGA SuperNOVA 850 T2 850W I seriously doubt it is the PSU. However, after checking it and is good, go into your motherboard BIOS and increase RAM voltage to 1.4 volts and stress your computer playing games or whatever you were doing when the problem begins. If that works begin backing down the RAM voltage .1 volt at a time until you get to 1.37 volts. If your computer continues to work properly then leave the voltage at 1.37

sindhu84

Honorable
Nov 9, 2016
I have checked the power supply with voltmeter, all voltages are within range.
Reliability history also checked the only error logged is that the computer was not shutdown properly.
Want to add another thing there are no bsod, no over clocking with the cpu and gpu.
I will try with the ram later of increasing the voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.