System self shutoff

vmb7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Computer turns on for approx 4-5 seconds, no video, no beeps, then turns itself off. MB = Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C

vmb7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

If you take out the memory - system will turn on and stay running but continuosly beeps, still no video, no post. I also tried a smaller amount of some known good memory and it reverted to shutting down as before. Also there is nothing connected to the PS just the MB.

yasir siddiqui

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
I have faced this issue some days before,
my friend give me a solution then my system works good right now,

Sometimes processor got heat up then system will be shut down automatically without any beep or sound due to "Silicon Paste" it will apply on processor and heatsink.

So the solution is that you should go to the market with your heatsink and processor and apply silicon paste on your processor and heatsink.

After applying "Silicon Paste" fit the processor and heat sink into mobo and check again. your system gives better speed before.

vmb7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Thanks for the replys but hate to say nothing working yet. I think the MB caught an e-spike and messed up something on the MB that's not financialy repairable other than a new MB.

vmb7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Sorry, I failed to mention that I bought 2 Thermaltake PSU ( 1 for main sys & 1 for GP). I tried it out on this other machine and to no avail. Sooooooooooo? Thanks again.