Question System Shuts Down During Game Play

gdurbin

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Hello all!

My son's PC has started just shutting down while playing ARK or Fortnite(even at lowest graphics settings. Its seems to run fine while playing Roblox. This just started recently. I completely reinstalled windows and updated drivers but this didn't help.

When it shuts down the Power switch light stays on and we have to unplug and plug the PC to get it back on. I monitored Temps on the GPU and CPU and they seldom reached 60°C. This PC should be able to handle these games easily as they have before.

-Asus Prime X570- Ryzen 3 AM4 PCIe Gen4
-AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16 Thread
-G.Skill RipJaws V series 16 GB(2 x 8 GB) 288 Pin SDRAM
-EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0
-Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1 TB SSD
-Windows 10
-750 W power PSU

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback!

Last edited:

gdurbin

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Hello all!

My son's PC has started just shutting down while playing ARK or Fortnite(even at lowest graphics settings. Its seems to run fine while playing Roblox. This just started recently. I completely reinstalled windows and updated drivers but this didn't help.

When it shuts down the Power switch light stays on and we have to unplug and plug the PC to get it back on. I monitored Temps on the GPU and CPU and they seldom reached 60°C. This PC should be able to handle these games easily as they have before.
Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback!