system slo mo when watching youtube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m7mod

Distinguished
i just upgraded to windows 10 on my i5-4200u 6GB of ram and gt740m laptop

every time i start a video the video get to slo mo actually my whole system gets to slo mo at like 5 fbs the mouse cursor and all even when the video is paused ( after i started the first time )

i don't know why is this happening so i hope you guys can help , btw my cpu usage is not that much around 70% when i start the video at 1080p60
and when i watch something using the normal player that doesn't happen that much but it does sometime freez , that didn't happen when i was using win 7
ps: it still happens even if i changed the browser , tried it using microsoft edge

update : forgot to say it still happens even at 144p :(

update 2 : i restarted the laptop it's working now lol sorry , but i still don't know why that happened

WxTech90

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I have a very similar problem to this. I have an Asus G751-JY and this problem has cropped up in the past few weeks (not sure on exact start date). Computer seems fine when it's been recently booted up but if it's been running for a while if I open any browser and use Youtube or Netflix or anything that streams video the audio and video gets stuttered. The audio sounds robotic and spotty and the video stutters.

I have screened my system with Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and have run CCleaner as well. I have also checked for latest drivers. I do not think it is virus/malware related to be honest.

The mouse also moves like drunken movement when this occurs.

m7mod

Distinguished

:0 someone feels the struggle , i'm searching on another forums i didn't find any thing , if i did i'll reply to you , u do the same ;)

Saven Patel

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
I have the same problem as you guys, I even made my own post. It just started happening recently as well. Didn't have this problem when I first made the switch to Windows 10.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would be surprised if it were the cause as its such a good program it would be a shame to not be able to use it. I think its fairly rare and limited to a small number of cases as first post was Jan last year and I would expect them to have fixed it by now. Its a really nice shield to hide behind. I only looked at Bitdefender as everyone was mentioning it.

I watch YT all the time, only lag I get is if the video has a low view count and isn't seeded on lots of YT servers. I may not notice as I have had Bitdefender installed all along, AV being one of first things I always install.

WxTech90

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

It's interesting that the desktop computers in our household and the one chromebook in our house are NOT having any issues at all. The problem is showing up on an Asus G751 and a cheap-ish HP machine from 2012. I'm going crazy trying to resolve this. I've reinstalled drivers and am running down a ton of things that it could be. One is wired one is wireless, one has the problem right after boot while the other takes an hour or two for it to start slowing.

Have had NO complaint about Bitdefender. I'm hesitant for sure to think it is Bitdefender doing this.

WxTech90

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I disabled and then re-enabled the Bitdefender firewall module and the problem vanished for a little while. Looks like it's Bitdefender after all. Hopefully it's something they patch soon. I'll be contacting their support.

m7mod

Distinguished

i have bitdefender myself , and it did happen in dailymion it uses flash player , it doesn't happen in vlc , so after a while i have to download every yt video i want to watch

WxTech90

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

I also re-installed Bitdefender. Problem seemed fixed but has now returned. UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.