System stability issues.

untakenusername

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello- I was wondering if I could get some help diagnosing an issue I've been having with my system after overclocking. The error has happened multiple times while running two clients of EVE: Online, and once while running one EVE client and one Heathstone client. It doesn't BSOD or reset, just gives me a generic error (like 'eve.exe has stopped working' or something like that). Sometimes it happens on both EVE clients, but mostly one at a time. Here is a copy of one of my minidump files: http://lpaste.net/633142715608989696

My first thought was that is was a driver issue, so I did a clean reinstall of my GPU drivers but it didn't solve the problem. I ran Memtest off a thumb drive for 7+ hours with no errors reported, but prime 95 blend test reports errors quickly on one or more of the 4 workers. The error I get is 'FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4' Prime 95 short test runs overnight with no issues.

I've tried bumping my ram voltage from 1.8 stock up to 2.1 but it didn't help, nor did loosening the timings from 5-5-5-15 to 6-6-6-18.

My system:
Asus p5q pro motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9640 (OC'd to 4ghz)
8g G.Skill F2-6400 DDR2 800 Ram
MSI 760 gtx
Windows 10

Thanks for reading!

what is your actual ram frequency?if i remember right with these older systems the ram overclocks along with the cpu.if your ram cant take the oc voila you get the shutdown.if this is the case then you should be able to set your ram frequency lower in the bios.