Question System storage support needed asap?

kacpercusen

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Hi,
I have a 4690k and msi gaming 3 z97 mobo.
I just got a nvme drive and no matter what I do it shows up, I can install windows on it, but it will not boot from it no matter what I've tried. How do I boot from this? I have work to do please help if you can.
Thanks for your time.

Hi,
I just got a nvme drive and no matter what I do it shows up, I can install windows on it, but it will not boot from it no matter what I've tried. How do I boot from this? I have work to do please help if you can.
Thanks for your time.
1 x M.2 Key M Socket supports type 2280/2260/2242 storage devices in both PCIE Gen2 x2 & SATA mode* NVME is PCIe x4.
Another possible problem
The SATA5 and SATA6 ports will be unavailable when installing a module in the M.2 port. so if you have another SATA disk it may interfere.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your time.
Booting from an NVMe on a Z97 board is spotty. Not all of them can, and any that can need to have the most recent BIOS update.
This functionality was NOT built in from the beginning.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS