Question System temps in be quiet pure base 500

LarryDee

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Hi everyone. Just built a new pc in this case(be quiet pure base 500).
Ryzen 3600
Msi b450 tomahawk max
Crucial ballistix lt 3200
Palit 1660 super gaming pro(that name)
Riotoro enigma g2 fm 750w
2 ssd
Nothing overclocked. That's all. So the question is about temps. This case is not for good airflow i asume. My setup is very simple: stock wraith stealth cooler for cpu and 2 fans(pure wings 2 140mm which came with the case) set to exhaust, top and rare. The temps of cpu are around 50-60C watching twitch and browsing. Launched witcher 3, played a few minutes and temps jumped to 70-78C on cpu and 68-72C on gpu. Will 2x140(3x120)fans on front intake improve my system temps? And what fans can you suggest for intake in pure base 500? My local stores have a few options, but i'll try to find your suggestions. Unfortunately the budget is pretty tight rn and is around 40$ :( I'll appreciate your help.
Edit: or mb just a normal cpu cooler will do the job?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020
Okay, so you can take off the top part of your top panel. Also, you created a negative pressure in your case taking in alot of dust. I suggest getting a 20dollar fan in front or maybe just try the exhaust in the back as an intake in the front. Maybe a Noctua or something they are well known to be quite. Also maybe look at a new CPU cooler although that won't help with your GPU temp alot it does help to pull air.

LarryDee

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Thank you for the reply. There's very little information about airflow in pure base 500 except hardwarecanucks's video review of this case where he suggests negative pressure with stock fans configuration.
I've tried every possible variant with 2 fans and stopped at negative pressure one. Rear and rear top both exhaust. Then i noticed your suggestion and tested a couple of variants. The one with low positioned front intake and rear exhaust showed some good numbers: 65-69 gpu 67-75 cpu while playing the witcher 3 and some chrome tabs opened, one with stream going. Not ideal, but i think it's good enough rn. Now i'm browsing and watching twitch, yt at 55C max on stock cooler.
Thank you! 😊
Now my question is "what cpu cooler and what fans to buy?".
Wiil it be enough to buy pure wings 2 140mm to improove airflow, or there are some better ones in that price range(10-15$)?
For the cpu cooler. The top tier ones are overpriced in my region. Lookig for mid-range. I like thermalright true spirit 140 power(~55$). Seems like it performs really nice. I can look at Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B(~63$) and Fuma Rev. B(~65$), but not more than 65$. Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO Grey can be another option if it's really so powerful and quiet.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english, not my first language 😌

Jan 23, 2020
Now my question is "what CPU cooler and what fans to buy?".
Will it be enough to buy pure wings 2 140mm to improve airflow, or there are some better ones in that price range(10-15$)?
For the CPU cooler. The top tier ones are overpriced in my region. Looking for mid-range. I like Thermalright true spirit 140 power(~55$). Seems like it performs really nice. I can look at Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B(~63$) and Fuma Rev. B(~65$), but not more than 65$. Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO Grey can be another option if it's so powerful and quiet.
So yes there are a lot of options to choose from, even AIO's in that price range. 2 things to look out for if you get a really beefy cooler, 1 make sure it will clear your RAM sticks and 2 make sure it's not too tall for your case.

So I would get Noctua nh u12 or the Thermalright that you mentioned and maybe another 120mm or 140mm in front. This link might also help you out a bit.

https://www.howtogeek.com/303078/how-to-manage-your-pcs-fans-for-optimal-airflow-and-cooling/
negative.png

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020
My personal setup is a Dark Base pro 900 with 2 silent wing intakes, 1 exhaust in the back and my AIO "Masterliquid ML240L" from Coolermaster as top exhaust but I changed the fans to Noctua fans because the stock fans were LOUD af.
My temps don't go above 40C. so that seems to work.

LarryDee

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
@Rubendabiest
Surprisingly, the temps with "exhaust-exhaust" setup are just 1-3 degrees worse than "intake-exhaust". I've already tried "intake-exhaust" option at the beginning, but intake fan was a bit higher positioned, so maybe that is the answer.
I've heared that Thermalright coolers have not flat enough surface. Or was it just bad examples?
So your SW 3 were too loud? My PW 2 are really quiet. I can hear only cpu fan and cpu+gpu when gaming. The case is just ~30cm from me. Not dead silent though. Also NF-A14 are cheaper than SilentWings 3 in my local stores, but a bit expensive for me right now 😕 (2 x pure wings 2 140mm = 1 NF-A14\SW3).

@sizzling
I didn't update the BIOS. I think it's october update. Not sure. But the voltages are ok now even with stock settings where ryzen clocks jumps every minute 😀 You suggest to update it? Never done it before 😯
When nothing opened except ryzen master all 6 cores are "sleeping"

Jan 23, 2020
@Rubendabiest
Surprisingly, the temps with "exhaust-exhaust" setup are just 1-3 degrees worse than "intake-exhaust". I've already tried "intake-exhaust" option at the beginning, but intake fan was a bit higher positioned, so maybe that is the answer.
I've heared that Thermalright coolers have not flat enough surface. Or was it just bad examples?
So your SW 3 were too loud? My PW 2 are really quiet. I can hear only cpu fan and cpu+gpu when gaming. The case is just ~30cm from me. Not dead silent though. Also NF-A14 are cheaper than SilentWings 3 in my local stores, but a bit expensive for me right now 😕 (2 x pure wings 2 140mm = 1 NF-A14\SW3).
No the SW 2 are quite it was the coolermaster fans that were loud.

LarryDee

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Sorry for misunderstanding 😌
Pure wings 2 140mm are my budget option, but they have bad static pressure for Pure Base 500. Solid front panel and some side cutouts with dust filters. I assume that i need something quiet with good SP. Am i right?
Noctua NF-P14S maybe? Or do i really need some good static pressure from intake fans in this situation?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020
Yes with the BeQuite cases you need a high SP intake fan. Noctua has a lot of different options so take a look at what has the best fit for your needs in your price range or maybe ask the shop manager to help you out since they probably won't have every option.

LarryDee

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
@Rubendabiest
Unfortunately, ~99% managers in my local stores are not interested in customers, but their own salaries. And there will be ~0 help from them.

I think i'll try NF-P14S x 2 as intake and TTS 140 Power as cpu cooler. But there are lots of benchmarks for cpu coolers, but they differ from each other. If someone could tell me about cpu coolers from 50$ to 70$, which one will be better for r5 3600, i will really appreciate it . Cause every single one has its own features such as difficult mounting, loud fan at high rpm or just bad performance, and many of that features are not mentioned in reviews or benchmarks.
Maybe it is worth adding another 20$ and just get Noctua NH-U14S instead of TTS 140 power :unsure:

And thanks everyone for putting your time into answering my questions :giggle:

LarryDee

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
I hope this thread will help some be quiet pure base 500 owners.

Purchased scythe mugen 5 rev.b and 2x noctua NF-P14S redux 1500 pwm.

Cpu temps droped to ~55-60C in games, gpu droped to ~65-70C. And these temps are at low rpm(~40% all fans: cpu, gpu, case). About 35-40C while browsing and watching twitch. So my system is not only running at lower temps but a lot quieter now.

Also i need to mention, that adding 2 front intake fans decreased temps about ~5C on cpu and gpu. That means that negative pressure is ok in this case.

Maybe there will be a chance to buy a new mesh front panel from be quiet.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020
Hi there,

I also own a be quiet pure base 500 case. However I still have the 2 stock fans in it (pure wings 2) and the stock cpu cooler (wraith prism) as well. I love how quiet the case fans are (the pure wings 2). Since I want to go for a quiet but still good airflow build, are the noctua NF-P14S redux 1500 pwm really that much louder at full power? because they are rated at max power at 25.8 dB(A) . Are they still quiet?

What kind and how many rear and top exhausts do you have now?

Thanks and I'd appreciate it if you would come back to me about the questions.

Last edited: