Question System turns off intermittently?

bhdavis2

Honorable
Apr 2, 2018
My Windows 10 laptop turns off occasionally when connected to an external monitor. It's not a crash but rather just a shut down. Sometimes programs will be open on reboot and I'll be right where I was. It's sort of like the computer goes to sleep but I would say its definitely a shut down.

I recently replaced the battery and changed my data HDD over to an SSD and yet the shut down happened again. I also cleaned a very dirty main cooling fan when I made the upgrades and figured that was causing the problem As I said though it has happened again. However, remember that it only happens when my external flat screen monitor is connected.

This is an Asus S510U 15" laptop.
I7-8550 @ 1.8 ghz
16 gb ram
Windows 10 Ver.22H2 64 bit
Micron 1100 SATA NGFF ssd 256 gb
Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500 gb
Intel UHD 620 & NVIDIA GeForce M150 graphics set to run the GeForce on most applications

It has shut down on me when running CPU intensive applications like CAD. This last time it happened when I was backing up the new SSD data drive right after it was put in. It has never shut down like this when used as a stand alone laptop. Only when at my desk with external monitor and keyboard connected.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
BH