Question System unit immediately restarts after pressing power button and won't even boot to bios

Jan 23, 2020
My computer won't boot into os. That time I am scanning for virus then it shuts off. I tried to restart it and it just restarts itself after I press the power button, and it won't even boot into bios. Can someone help me please. I hope someone respond immediately cause my brother in law are gonna kill me if he finds this out😬. Thanks in advance.

So you were in Windows and you scanned for viruses and the computer shutdown. When you tried booting it after that it doesn't post and you can't even go in the BIOS?

A computer shouldn't shutdown like that when you scan a computer. So this isn't your fault. You could screw up your entire Windows and the computer would still boot to BIOS.

What happen when you start the computer? Does the fans spin? Lights are on? Do you see an error qcode on the motherboard?

Jan 23, 2020
So you were in Windows and you scanned for viruses and the computer shutdown. When you tried booting it after that it doesn't post and you can't even go in the BIOS?

A computer shouldn't shutdown like that when you scan a computer. So this isn't your fault. You could screw up your entire Windows and the computer would still boot to BIOS.

What happen when you start the computer? Does the fans spin? Lights are on? Do you see an error qcode on the motherboard?
The fans and lights still worked when i turn it on but it restarts immediately. I have a thought that maybe it's because the file systems are corrupted because people who use this computer won't shut it off correctly, that's just a maybe. Please help me fix this. Thanks for the immediate reply btw

Jan 23, 2020
The fans and lights still worked when i turn it on but it restarts immediately. I have a thought that maybe it's because the file systems are corrupted because people who use this computer won't shut it off correctly, that's just a maybe. Please help me fix this. Thanks for the immediate reply btw
I searched also in the internet and they say the ram is maybe faulty or the something about the bios battery.

Turn off your PSU at the back of the PSU. Unplug your PSU. Keep your finger on the power button of your PC case for 15 seconds. This will drain the remaining power from your system. Plug your PSU. Flip the switch back to on behind the PSU. Try starting the PC now.

What do you mean by "They don't shut it off correctly"?

Jan 23, 2020

It does not post an error code. It didn't even show anything in the monitor. The moment i press the power button after maybe 10 seconds or less it restarts automatically.

Jan 23, 2020
Turn off your PSU at the back of the PSU. Unplug your PSU. Keep your finger on the power button of your PC case for 15 seconds. This will drain the remaining power from your system. Plug your PSU. Flip the switch back to on behind the PSU. Try starting the PC now.

I mean they just turn the switch off in the avr then everytime i power it on it always shows windows not turned off properly. I'm so tired of telling this people to shut it off correctly then if the pc broke they always make that all my fault😂.

Jan 23, 2020

I'll try this rn, thanks for the reply.

I mean they just turn the switch off in the avr then everytime i power it on it always shows windows not turned off properly. I'm so tired of telling this people to shut it off correctly then if the pc broke they always make that all my fault😂.

By pulling the plug or forcing a power-off by holding down the power button or flipping the PSU switch, you risk corrupting data on your hard drive and damaging hardware. That's probably what happened here. If they did that a thousand times. There is only one way to safely shutdown and that's by using the Windows shutdown option.

Jan 23, 2020

It still shuts off

Jan 23, 2020
By pulling the plug or forcing a power-off by holding down the power button or flipping the PSU switch, you risk corrupting data on your hard drive and damaging hardware. That's probably what happened here. If they did that a thousand times. There is only one way to safely shutdown and that's by using the Windows shutdown option.
Yeah i do think so too. Can swapping the hard drive with an os installed make the computer boot normally?

Yeah i do think so too. Can swapping the hard drive with an os installed make the computer boot normally?

The OS already installed on the hard drive won't like the new system it boots on. It will create issues that you won't like. Chasing after the issues for weeks. A clean OS install on new hardware is always recommended.

This is not your fault. If it was not you on the computer it would have happened too to whoever was using it later. Could be the PSU failing by being cut off like that a thousand times. Could be the motherboard. Could be anything really. I am not saying cutting the power on your system one time will dmg your hardware but doing it all the time the chance of something happening is greater.

Jan 23, 2020
The OS already installed on the hard drive won't like the new system it boots on. It will create issues that you won't like. Chasing after the issues for weeks. A clean OS install on new hardware is always recommended.

This is not your fault. If it was not you on the computer it would have happened too to whoever was using it later. Could be the PSU failing by being cut off like that a thousand times. Could be the motherboard. Could be anything really. I am not saying cutting the power on your system one time will dmg your hardware but doing it all the time the chance of something happening is greater.
I tried reseating the ran and the immediate restart is hone but the monitor isn't showing anything now. Any suggestions?