Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_P4

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Hi All,
Having a nightmare with my PC.

It has been stable since I built it August 2021;

Aorus x570 Master Rev1.2 - Running firmware F36 stable but issues since flashing to F37c
2x8gb(32gb) kits Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 RGB
Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair H100i -latest firmware
Antec PSU1976 Signature 1000w 80+ Platinum PSU
Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070Ti -latest firmware
Samsung 980 Pro NVME - latest firmware
AOC Q3279VWFDS 32'' monitor - display port used
Corsair Sabre mouse - latest firmware
Corsair K63 cherry mech keyboard - latest firmware

The system has been rock solid reliable, never overclocked and used almost daily however after upgrading to the latest BIOS F37c the system rebooted and would not POST correctly.
The board debug LED displayed "od" - I tried flashing the BIOS back by using Qflash+ to F36 which ran stable and qflash completed and I did get the system to POST but on entering the BIOS to apply changes the system went back to debug LED "od"

I tried removing the RAM modules one at a time, unplugging all ancillary cables attached to the mainboard and PSU cables. Tried even a different graphics card and reseating the CPU (do not have another CPU to try) Removed the CMOS battery and cleared CMOS.

After this I assumed the mainboard was faulty so I arranged via Amazon to return it under warranty for an authorized repair.

I have just got the board back and refitted it and now the system does POST without the "od" debug LED however it only works with 1 RAM module in either DIMM A1 or A2. x2 of the modules fail memtest86 and the other 2 cause the system to not POST and debug LED displays "od".

Could this beta BIOS update damaged all 4 of my memory modules which worked flawlessly before?

I am concerned that the issue may not even be the mainboard but maybe my 5900x has a fault?
It runs at no more than 45'c during testing.

I am getting random BSOD like ntoskrnl.exe and irq_not_less_or_equal than. I have tried wiping the system and re-installing the OS but the system crashes every time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi All,
Having a nightmare with my PC.

It has been stable since I built it August 2021;

Aorus x570 Master Rev1.2 - Running firmware F36 stable but issues since flashing to F37c
2x8gb(32gb) kits Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 RGB
Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair H100i
Antec 1000w PSU
Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070Ti
Samsung 980 Pro NVME

The system has been rock solid reliable, never overclocked and used almost daily however after upgrading to the latest BIOS F37c the system rebooted and would not POST correctly.
The board debug LED displayed "od" - I tried flashing the BIOS back by using Qflash+ to F36 which ran stable and qflash completed and I did get the system to POST but on entering the BIOS to apply changes the system went back to debug LED "od"

I tried removing the RAM modules one at a time, unplugging all ancillary cables attached to the mainboard and PSU cables. Tried even a different graphics card and reseating the CPU (do not have another CPU to try) Removed the CMOS battery and cleared CMOS.

After this I assumed the mainboard was faulty so I arranged via Amazon to return it under warranty for an authorized repair.

I have just got the board back and refitted it and now the system does POST without the "od" debug LED however it only works with 1 RAM module in either DIMM A1 or A2. x2 of the modules fail memtest86 and the other 2 cause the system to not POST and debug LED displays "od".

Could this beta BIOS update damaged all 4 of my memory modules which worked flawlessly before?

I am concerned that the issue may not even be the mainboard but maybe my 5900x has a fault?
It runs at no more than 45'c during testing.

I am getting random BSOD like ntoskrnl.exe and irq_not_less_or_equal than. I have tried wiping the system and re-installing the OS but the system crashes every time.

Does anyone have any ideas?
If it was working great, why did you update?

Al_P4

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
If it was working great, why did you update?
I normally upgrade the BIOS when an update is available..

I do this with all hardware; phone, TV, router, sound bar - never had issues with firmware updates with other hardware.

This is the first time I have ever had an issue after upgrading the firmware on a Gigabyte mainboard.

Over the last 20 years this is my 5ith Gigabyte board system so to experience a failure like this is very random to me.

I run firmware updates via the corsair software for the H100i, sabre mouse, keyboard and the RAM, no issues.

To add, on first bootup since I got the mainboard back from repair the post screen displayed the following;

New CPU installed. fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV

- No new CPU was added, its the same CPU as I ran before the flash.

I tried disabling ftpm but this had no effect. System still unstable and memory issues.

Just read this thread;
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gigabyte-aorus-x570-master-ram-problems.3807010/

Very similar issue I had after the BIOS update with the "od" debug code.
Unconvinced that changing the settings for XMP will do anything on my system as they were not enabled to begin with before the firmware update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.