System Upgrade Help

razor1ster

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2012
Hi Guys.
I'm looking to upgrade my system. I'm little confused regarding which parts must I upgrade to continue to play games at 1080p.

Current Rig-
I7 2600 non-k processor
MSI H61M-P20 (G3) Motherboard - I was originally having Intel DP67BG mobo but its after 3 years use its chipset got fried so replaced it with a cheaper one coz I was away from gaming for a while then.
2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance ram @ 1600 mhz DDR3 ( automatically lowered to 1333mhz since mobo supports only upto 1333hz)
MSI GTX 560ti Twin Frozr 2 - I have ordered EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC (got it for a nice price) and waiting for its delivery.
500GB HDD Samsung.
Corsair AX850 PSU
Antec 1200 Case
CM TX3 CPU Heat Sink

Now.. I feel like changing my motherboard and getting a better one BUT since my processor is not the K version, I cant overclock it so really don't know why I should. Also, the 1060 doesn't support SLI.
Even if I want to get a better motherboard, I cant find any good motherboard with LGA 1155 socket online.
Secondly, Should i upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 12 or 16?
I am also confused whether I should change my heatsink to either Cooler Master Hyper 212X or CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler

What I am really confused about is that should I rather get a new CPU ( i5 7700k in mind) and a new motherboard instead of spending on a new motherboard that supports my current processor and also whether I should upgrade my ddr3 ram when ddr4 has come out. Then again, people say i7 2600 is still a beast of a card even today....

I know I'm really confused. All advices are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

WiiUMasterGman

Reputable
May 11, 2016
I would upgrade your CPU instead. When you get a new motherboard you also have to activate windows again. But you can't just boot on your HDD. You have to consult windows about reactivating it. I would go for a Haswell-e i5 or i7. If you were going to overclock I would get a new CPU cooler like the CRYORIG h7

razor1ster

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2012
Reinstalling OS isnt an issue. ( You know). Its about either upgrading the MOBO (DO I HAVE TO?) and ram while keeping the CPU Or upgrade the CPU,MOBO,RAM n also cooler maybe.

WiiUMasterGman

Reputable
May 11, 2016
Right now nothing should be upgraded. Later I would go with Haswell-e because that is the last generation supporting DDR3 RAM. You don't have to upgrade your motherboard. There is no point. Keep everything you have now. In 2-3 years I would upgrade