Question System will not post after a case swap

Jun 5, 2023
mobo- asrock b550 phantom gaming atx
Cpu- ryzen 5600g with stock cooler
GPU - msi 5700XT Mech oc
RAM - Vengance 2 stick of 8G
Psu - cool master 750w gold
Ssd - Crucial 500GB

System was working fine. I had update the Bios prior to installing the 5600g with a different cpu installed then swapped in the 5600g about a year ago. Recently removed the system from the case, gave it a paint job because my son wanted a different cooler then rebuilt the system. The CPU/ cooler never left the board.

Now the board gets a boot light. Fans and lights turn on. Peripheral get no power. Screen gets no input.

Monitor cable is plugged into GPU.

I am concerned the bios reset somehow and I will need to update it again. But i do not want to redo the cpu swap again to trouble shoot it if the is another option. The MOBO does not have abouts flash button or port .

Any suggestions?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to breadboard the system's innards and see if you get a POST. What processor were you working with prior to the 5600G? Make and model of the case, before and after the swap?

Last edited:
Just go over all the connections and see that they are properly seated.
-Power off , switch PSU off and disconnect power cable.
-Check that the 24-pin power and 8-pin CPU power connectors are connected properly.
-Make sure the GPU is properly seated on the PCIe slot and that both the 8-pin and 6-pin GPU power connectors are plugged.
-Check the that the PC case front panel cables are properly connected.
-Check the CPU fan is connected to fan header 1.
- Make sure that both RAM sticks are seated properly on slots A2 & B2

Jun 5, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to breadboard the system's innards and see if you get a POST. What processor were you working with prior to the 5600G? Make and model of the case, before and after the swap?
Prior cpu was a ryzen 7 3700x which is in my system.

The case is the same just a new paint job..
Apevia Genesis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 4, 2023
It's possible that after the BIOS update you may need to tweak something. It could be that it's defaulting to the integrated graphics instead of the main GPU. I've seen that as being an option in the BIOS setup. Can you plug into the CPU GPU instead? Do any USB devices work in BIOS? Can you access BIOS at all?

Jun 5, 2023
Can't get to BIOS because no boot screen and USB devices not working. Tried to plug in the MOBO with and without gpu attached. Still same results.

Jun 5, 2023
It was the boot light.

I ended up putting my cpu into system. I was then able to flash the bios. Then put the 5600G back. Everything is up and running