System will not shutdown or restart

m1chael1600

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Win 10 Home
System X470-F Gaming, Ryzen 2700, 16gig G skill Trident Z 3000Mhz ram, Strix RX580 Top Oc,

I cloned The OS from an old 64GB OCZ Vertex Series drive to a new Samsung EVO 256GB the old drive still restart and shuts down properly but the EVO will not shut down or restart I have to hold the power button down to turn off the system the screen goes dark and all the fans continue to spin. Other than that there is no problem any idea on how to fix this issue with out reinstalling from scratch would be helpful I have been using the system for a week and got alot of stuff installed that wont be there if I try to re-clone again

Solution

You might need to rebuild the RAID while the Samsung drive is plugged. Make sure to back up your data.

It seems there is some corruption on the cloned drive OS.

Change Power Options
Go to Control panel click Power options.
On the left pane click Choose what the power buttons do.
Change When I press the power button: to Shutdown.
Click the Save changes button.

Turn off Fast Startup
Go to Control panel click Power options.
On the left pane click Choose what the power buttons do.
Click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link
Under Shutdown settings uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
Click the Save changes button.

Tap the power button to shutdown.
Power on the PC and try to shutdown using the Start menu.

m1chael1600

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
well i got 2 WD 1Tb drives in RAID 0 and if I unplug them from the computer then the OS on the Samsung 850 will shut down with no issues however when i plug the raid 0 drive in again and turn off the computer it has the same shut down issue's the keyboard and mouse shut down the screen goes black but the fans and RGB lights stay on the plot thickens.
I backed up my original install and tried fresh but no luck same issue the system wont restart or shut down with the Samsung 850 & the two Raid 0 WD 1TB ?

You might need to rebuild the RAID while the Samsung drive is plugged. Make sure to back up your data.

Solution