Question System will not start (Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi)

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
I have just set up a new PC, but it will not start. No beep, no screen image. The led light for memory failure lights up (!?)

System:
Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi
Ryzen 7 5700x
RAM: FuryX DDR4 2x8 GB (HX426C16FB3K2/16)
GPU: RX 590 Fatboy
HD: Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 SSD 2TB
PSU: Chieftec BFD-1000C Proton Series

...but the RAM is supposed to be supported. I have tried bouth chips in a single slot as well. The memory was working resently in another PC.

The CPU fan spins, and there is light in the graphic card and on the mother board.

I have updated to latest bios with Bios Flash Back before mounting the CPU and RAM. Prosess looked OK.

I first tried some RAM not in the support list:
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 32GB (v 4.33)

Therfore tried a set of supported Fury X (HX426C16FB3K2/16) ...but no startup.

Any tips for solution?

Last edited:

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
so the system working fine.
Well, now it's running, but it seems to be a memory slot issue, or someting cousing it to fail. The PSU isn't my first suspect. I tried one RAM-stick in one slot after the other. I got the RAM running in the last slot I tried, in A2 (..the fourth from CPU. Both sticks works in this slot, even the RAM I first tried works (Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 16GB), but only at 2666MHz. The system boots into setup....but with single stick only, and not in the slot ment for a single stick. Quite irritating... :cautious:

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
I de-mounted and cleaned the cpu on the pin side, hoping this could help the memory port issue. There was a little film of thermal paste a couple of places at the edges of the cpu. Now it shines like bright new. The cpu slot looks clean.

...but this did not solve the problem - still running with one memory stick only :(

Anyone know what i loose, except half memory of course, when running one memory stick and not two in pair??? ...the memory stick is even placed in the wrong slot, third from the cpu. Is supposed to be in the second. But It runs...

16GB, running 3600MHz

aaad

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
Now Its running with two sticks, 32GB/3600MHz, but still in wrong slots...3 and 4 from cpu (A1/A2). It did run for a brief time in B1/A1, and that might be a better choice, but no longer...

No combination with a stick in B2 work.
It would be fun trying to occupy all four slots, to see what happends...