[SOLVED] System won’t produce video

May 12, 2020
To begin with I’ll list my parts, what’s wrong, and what I have already done for troubleshooting.

• Ryzen 3700x
  • Asus PRIME x570-P Mobo
  • Corsair 4x8gb 3200 MHz Vengeance
  • Corsair H115i
  • Asus 2080 Super
  • Asus 650W PSU
  • 1000tb SSD that I have previously used on a computer (not cleared of data either as I was certain it didn’t matter and then I wouldn’t have to delete my stuff or back it up)

Now to the problem. So everything in my computer lights up (mobo, cooler, gpu, except the ram does not, but I have used this ram before and the profile on iCue on my SSD should have them turned off), and all the fans spin (mobo, gpu, cooler, case). These are all parts that are new, or have been used in my old system. The only problem is that nothing, and I mean NOTHING, shows on my monitor. Also, my monitor does work as I am using my PS4 with it as I’m writing this.

Now, what have I done for trouble shooting? I have changed the HDMI cable, also I have plugged two different HDMIs into both the mobo and the gpu. I have reseated the ram and gpu many times. I do have the cables plugged into the gpu and they are as far as they can go. I have the CPU plugged into the 8 pin connector at the top left where I was indicated to use by the mobo manual. I have the CPU fan plug in populated by the Corsair h115i. I have the mobo powered by the psu. I have a drive properly hooked into sata 4. There is SOMETHING I should note as it may be important. The light is not lighting up on my case power button. Could that be preventing my computer from fully booting up (and what I mean by that is the front io connectors)? The computer can run for an unlimited time, does not get stuck in a reboot cycle or anything. It just does not display video like I said. I haven’t double checked the stand offs but I doubt they are causing problems (I may still check just in case), and I haven’t removed the CMOS battery to reset the bios. Thank you in advance for any help!

Solution
Try this:
  • Disconnect the SSD
  • Try to boot with bare minimal number of ram sticks mounted (normally one)
  • Re-seat the GPU.
  • Re-seat all power connectors.
First steps and also between each new attempt, remove the AC power cable, then hit the pwr button (to drain the psu for "leftovers").
Try this:
  • Disconnect the SSD
  • Re-seat the GPU.
First steps and also between each new attempt, remove the AC power cable, then hit the pwr button (to drain the psu for "leftovers").

Reactions: CarsonPC
Solution
May 12, 2020
Try this:
  • Disconnect the SSD
  • Re-seat the GPU.
Ok thank you, I will try that tonight. Tomorrow I’m gonna try and put my ram, gpu, psu, and ssd in tomorrow if this doesn’t work. Thank you for the reply!

May 12, 2020
Ok so if anyone sees this trying to troubleshoot their pc. Make sure the standoffs are in the correct spot. I jinxed myself thinking they weren’t important. They are! It’s now working fine.

Reactions: Grobe