[SOLVED] System wont boot, error code 02

Kris Kruse

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
Hey Guys

I have a problem with a home build system not being able to boot after I tried swapping the old ram to a larger kit

The system doesn't show anything on screen, boots up with error code 02 and yellow green onboard led on.
Yellow green led light indicating that something is wrong with boot. (edited)

The Pc has been running flawlessly up until i swapped the kits.

System is:
Asus strix x570-e gaming MBO
Ryzen 9 3900x
MSI Gaming GTX 1070
m.2 ssd samsung
Corsair hx750i plat PSU

Ram was 2x8 gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance
Changed to 4x8 gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance

so far I have tried

Swapping between HDMI and DP cables both from MBO and GPU
Tried Booting with single sticks of both old and new mem kits
Booting without memory at all
Checked all cables that they are securely set
Booting without any accessories plugged in the back
Clearing CMOS

Any advice is helpful at this point feeling quite lost

Last edited:
Solution
OK so i dont know WTF changed, but swapping back to old ram and trying to use different ram slots seem to have done it. Because the X570 board (and most others i guess) can do single a single dimm of ram in any slot, I tried moving it around, together with me smashing the delete key to get to bios, i finally managed to get it to boot to bios. From there I could slowly add more ram between cycles without any issues.

And thanks @laptop-Tech even tho your responses didn't help as intended it was nice getting some quick response that I could work with :)

Kris Kruse

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
OK so i dont know WTF changed, but swapping back to old ram and trying to use different ram slots seem to have done it. Because the X570 board (and most others i guess) can do single a single dimm of ram in any slot, I tried moving it around, together with me smashing the delete key to get to bios, i finally managed to get it to boot to bios. From there I could slowly add more ram between cycles without any issues.

And thanks @laptop-Tech even tho your responses didn't help as intended it was nice getting some quick response that I could work with :)

Reactions: laptop-Tech
Solution

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020

well im good at acting fast