Question System won't boot with RAM in dual-channel configuration ?

Oct 10, 2021
My pc specs:

-i7-7700k @ stock
-GTX 1070
-Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
-2x8 Corsar DDR4 @ 3000mhz RAM

So basically the problem is that the system won't boot on dual channel and the DRAM indicator on the MOBO stays orange. The manual says the optimal dual channel place should be the A2 and B2 slots, but when i try those it simply won't boot.
I currently have both sticks in the B1, B2 slots working perfectly.

-I think i have discarded the possibilty of the RAM slots being damaged since i have tried using only a single stick in both the A2 slot and B2 slot respectively and the pc booted normally.
- I also realized while looking at the bios that i was running the memory at 2133mhz instead of the advertised 3000mhz, however i have yet to try seating the modules in dual channel after this change, i don't know if that matters.
-It is also near impossible for me to try A1 B1 config since the CPU cooler is big enough to basically block easy access to the A1 slot. (without removing the cooler basically).

What else should i try to fix this? because i think i'm missing out on quite some performance by not having dual channel, since i've already had an FPS increase in games of about 10-20 in some games just by changing the memory clock from 2133 to 3000.

Thanks in advance.

My pc specs:

-i7-7700k @ stock
-GTX 1070

So basically the problem is that the system won't boot on dual channel and the DRAM indicator on the MOBO stays orange. The manual says the optimal dual channel place should be the A2 and B2 slots, but when i try those it simply won't boot.

-I think i have discarded the possibilty of the RAM slots being damaged since i have tried using only a single stick in both the A2 slot and B2 slot respectively and the pc booted normally.
- I also realized while looking at the bios that i was running the memory at 2133mhz instead of the advertised 3000mhz, however i have yet to try seating the modules in dual channel after this change, i don't know if that matters.
-It is also near impossible for me to try A1 B1 config since the CPU cooler is big enough to basically block easy access to the A1 slot. (without removing the cooler basically).

What else should i try to fix this? because i think i'm missing out on quite some performance by not having dual channel, since i've already had an FPS increase in games of about 10-20 in some games just by changing the memory clock from 2133 to 3000.

Thanks in advance.
bios up to date?

My pc specs:

-i7-7700k @ stock
-GTX 1070

Thanks in advance.
Do check the bios level as mentioned.
If no help there look in the bios for xmp.
If it's enable turn it off and test the new sticks in a2+b2.

Oct 10, 2021
Sorry for the late response,

I think my bios is up-to-date, since i'm checking ASUS' support site for the motherboard and this seems to be the latest BIOS version ;
-Version 1301 - 2018/4/20

Which is only a couple of days older than the BIOS version i currently have, and it is the same BIOS version afterall;
-Version 1301 - 2018/3/14

So i dont know if the bios is the problem.

And about XMP i dont think it is either because dual channel didn't work back when i had the RAM running at 2133mhz instead of its rated 3000mhz.