Crucial MX 500 SSD 500GB
Toshiba 1TB hard drive
Radeon RX580 8GB graphics card

I’ve just purchased the following
Gigabyte Aorius M B450 AM4
AMD 2600X processor
Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 2x 8GB
Cooler master 240 lite liquid cooler

After installing these parts, the system worked OK for a few hours. Now when I switch the system on, the thing will light up for less than a second and then shut down. I got a replacement mother board from Amazon but got the same result. I put my old motherboard/RAM/processor back in and it worked fine.
After some help from the community a few weeks ago, I discovered the extension lead was faulty. I plugged the mains lead into a wall sock and all was good for about 3 weeks. Now I am getting exactly the same issues.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Solution
From what I've seen Cooler Master is on the lower end of the scale but there are a few good models so they say.

Regardless....the reason I said PSU is you said

"I discovered the extension lead was faulty. I plugged the mains lead into a wall sock and all was good for about 3 weeks"

With an extension cord, the voltage is always lower.

By removing the cord you raised the supply voltage.

On an ideal PSU if you raise the supply voltage the output remains constant.

This is generally not true real world.

So when you removed the extension cord I think you raised the output voltage a little and your problem went away...until it came back for whatever reason (PSU getting weak).
From what I've seen Cooler Master is on the lower end of the scale but there are a few good models so they say.

Regardless....the reason I said PSU is you said

"I discovered the extension lead was faulty. I plugged the mains lead into a wall sock and all was good for about 3 weeks"

With an extension cord, the voltage is always lower.

By removing the cord you raised the supply voltage.

On an ideal PSU if you raise the supply voltage the output remains constant.

This is generally not true real world.

So when you removed the extension cord I think you raised the output voltage a little and your problem went away...until it came back for whatever reason (PSU getting weak).

Solution
From what I read, and I read a quite a bit.....any Season model.
Although, I'm partial to Corsair because I've had great luck with them and I am running three of the RM series at the moment with no problems...two RM750X and RM1000X. I've done some research and think they are a good PSU.

Jimbo01

Honorable
Sep 9, 2016
OK. I'll try replacing the PSU with a Corsair model. The way I'm feeling at the moment, if that doesn't work, I'll throw my PC over a high cliff and buy an iMac. Again, thanks for your time.