[SOLVED] System won't run with CPU plugged in

May 7, 2020
Hi, I am new to building and recently undertook my first build. I was happy to say the system run for about three minutes and then shut down. Now the system will only run with the CPU unplugged, the ram and graphics card have RGB and those will light up along with the case. But once the CPU is plugged nothing in the system will turn on, no fans spin, no lights come on etc. I really don't know what to do and am trying to not buy a whole bunch of new components.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX geforce 1660 super
Ram: G.Skill trident neo
MOBO: MSI MPG x570 gaming plus
PSU: Corsair cx650m

May 7, 2020
What exactly do you mean when you say "the system run for about three minutes and then shut down"? When it was running, was there anything displayed on your monitor? Did it boot to BIOS? Did it boot to Windows?
I didn't have it plugged into the monitor all lights and fans started up and stayed on

May 7, 2020
Also, I just tried running the board with the CPU not in the board but the CPU power connected and the board started to smoke and spark so I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say the board is faulty, and I'm just hoping that is all.

May 7, 2020
Did you have your cooler installed on your CPU when you ran the test? maybe a silly question but sometimes you get silly answers too!!!
When the CPU was installed on the board it had the stock fan on along with the thermal paste. The test I just ran that the board started smoking and sparking I uninstalled the CPU to see if the system would run and it did until it started to smoke I unplugged everything just to be safe. It started to smoke and spark near the CPU power connector.