[SOLVED] System won't start up - Asus Strix X470-F Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2020
So I've recently built a system using the X470-F Gaming motherboard and for some reason the system won't turn on.
I've disassembled the whole system and built it from scratch and still the same issue.
When I connect the power cable the motherboard lights up and the standby light stays orange.
Can someone pls help me?:(

Mar 8, 2020
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU - Asus Radeon RX 5700XT OC
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
Memory - Corsairs Vengeance PRO Black 32GB 3600MHz
M.2 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Hard Drive - Seagate 8TB Barracuda (x2)
AIO - Gigabyte Aorus 360mm Liquid Cooler
Case - Thermaltake View 71 Full Tower

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
The orange LED indicates that the board is getting the power from the PSU. Did you actually leave the system on for a few minutes after the first assembly? Also does your monitor show no signal when the system is turned on?

Mar 8, 2020
Yes, I plugged the system in and it was on for a few minutes while I looked over the motherboard manual. The system won't turn on at all, I hit the power button and nothing happens.

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Could you try to boot the system with a single RAM stick? Check whether the system posts. Also wait for few minutes, because the first boot takes some time for the display to show up.

Mar 8, 2020
I'm just heading out to work so I'll be able to post a picture when I'm back later. I switched the RAM around multiple times and used a single stick when trying to power on too.

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
I'm just heading out to work so I'll be able to post a picture when I'm back later. I switched the RAM around multiple times and used a single stick when trying to power on too.
Well take your time, finish your work and come back. Also did you see any debug LED's lit up on the top right hand corner of the board?

Mar 8, 2020
I disassembled it all and carefully read the manual while putting it back together and it posted first time.
Do you have any knowledge on the Aorus Liquid Cooler by any chance though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS