Question System

Sep 25, 2020
I wanna ask some thing

After i OC my ryzen 5 3600 and my ram on BIOS. im succesfully OC'ed and go into windows. But after i turn off my PC, and i try to turn it on again. It was bootloop, and i need to force restart on my PC case. and my overclock settings turn into default and my bios time is reset. Does anyone know what happen to my PC

Sep 25, 2020
Obviously you did some wrong overclocking. But without additional informations aboout your hardware and what you did in detail nobody can help you.

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600
MoBO : ASRock B450 Steel Legend
RAM : HyperX Fury RGB 3200 MHz ( 2 x 8 GB )
SSD : Samsung Evo 960
HDD : Seagate 1 TB
VGA : XFX RX 5600 XT
PSU : Seasonic Focus Gold GX-850
Heatsink : CoolerMaster Hyper 212 LED Turbo

Sep 25, 2020
Well if his BIOS settings are not saving I would say he needs a BIOS update first. But before that update he should reset CMOS just to be sure. If doing that doesnt fix it then maybe he needs a new CMOS battery?
i think it has a problem in the CMOS Battery, but the CMOS battery is input on 2019. how come 1 year the cmos is broken

Sep 25, 2020
Could be. But CMOS-battery normally is good for some years.

Update to newest BIOS should be done, before proceeding (as helper800 wrote).

But you did not explain, what you did ("im succesfully OC'ed and go into windows. ").
so im overclock on my cpu at 4.2 ghz ( 1.35 v ), and my ram 3200 mhz at the same time. and its succesfully boot to windows. but after i turn off my computer and try to turn on again. it is bootloop. and i already updated my bios to the latest update

Sep 25, 2020
thx for info.

Same happens, if you set CPU voltage and frequency to auto ( but keep ram at 3200 - you surely have enabled XMP-profile or DOCP-profile - on am4-platform it is docp)?
it is same, XMP. Now my CPU is running at auto ( default 3.6 GHz, 1.1 V ) and my ram is running at 3200 XMP profile. it doesn't bootloop. I have no idea what happen. i've been using 4.2 GHz ( 1.35v ) from March 2020. but it bootloop after i update my bios, and when i try to downgrade my bios it is still bootloop when i want to overclock both my cpu and ram

alexbirdie

Respectable
Thx. Sorry, no more ideas than not to overclock CPU. Could be, that some other parameters are needed to set ( f.i. LLC, ... there are some other parameter in the BIOS, which can be modified, but I do not know, which one might help, because I do not overclock my Ryzen 3950x).

Some last trial: what happens, if you set speed to 4.2 , but voltage to Auto?
Speed to 4.1 and voltage to 1.3?

Last but not least, frequency and voltage to auto, but enabling PBO and Auto-OC?

good luck.

Sep 25, 2020
Thx. Sorry, no more ideas than not to overclock CPU. Could be, that some other parameters are needed to set ( f.i. LLC, ... there are some other parameter in the BIOS, which can be modified, but I do not know, which one might help, because I do not overclock my Ryzen 3950x).

Some last trial: what happens, if you set speed to 4.2 , but voltage to Auto?
Speed to 4.1 and voltage to 1.3?

Last but not least, frequency and voltage to auto, but enabling PBO and Auto-OC?

good luck.
Later i will try. but now im just XMP and my 3600 running at auto default 3.6 ghz 1.1v and its not bootloop