Systemrequirementslab graphics card problem

The Spartan

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I recently purchased a custom built gaming pc and received it yesterday. The machine has an AMD Radeon HD 7870 but when it comes to checking if my pc can run a game it fails every test, even basic games like team fortress 2 which it can obviously run, it can even run planetside 2 with no problems on high quality. So has anyone got any idea why can I run it is not correctly recognising my graphics card (could it be some sort of driver issue). All advice is appreciated.

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Try reinstalling your drivers from AMD, and make sure you have the most up-to-date DirectX11 User Runtime files. Also, if you are using something on a website that indicates whether or not your pc would be compatible, like NVIDIA's system-checking software, that's a whole different story, and Java is what would make that work.

The Spartan

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
It doesn't really matter for free games like planetside 2 but I don't want to play for a game to find our that I can't run it, I always liked to check first to make sure.

canyourunit

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Community manager for CYRI here. You can download the latest drivers from this site http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx . If this doesn't work, I'll need a little more info to go on. What exactly is your GPU being recognized as? What are the other specs of your PC? To make things easier, you can send me a message with your Session ID and I can look at a detailed list of your computer's specs from here. I'll check back in a little while

canyourunit

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

It sounds like his graphics card is connected properly if he is able to play games like Planetside 2 on high - that's not exactly an easy game to run. I think it is a problem with our system that we've been having when it comes to recognizing certain AMD cards and we are trying to fix it.

The Spartan

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Sorry for the slow reply, college work has been killing me. Anyway I have the newest driver from amd and I think this may be the problem as it is a beta driver so this may be causing the problem. When I'm running a test the card is being recognized as an amd radeon hd 7800 series on the site. For the rest of the computer I have:
Motherboard- Asus P8Z77-V LX
cpu- Intel core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz
ram- 8gb Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800
psu - Corsair TX650 V2 650W
Also I am unsure on where to find the session ID (it's probably very obvious, I'm just blind)