Question Systems slow down at same time every day, low resource usage

Aug 13, 2019
I work in a design/print shop, and my employers allowed me to build my own workstation. It's got an i7 8700K, 32gb RAM, RX 580 GPU, and a 970 EVO NVMe SSD.

For most of the day, this is a pretty stout machine, and keeps up with my heavy workload admirably. Unfortunately around 3:30 or 4:00 pm every day, it starts getting really unresponsive. If I try to save out of any Adobe product or export a PDF, the save will take much longer. If I make a new folder or move a file, windows explorer will often hang a bit. If I upload a PDF proof to Gmail to send it out, it ted to hang a few moments.

CPU usage is rarely much more than 10% at these times, and RAM is below 40%. Nothing obvious going on with the SSD usage either. Avast hasn't picked up any viruses. No signs of anything overheating according to SpeedFan.

Oddly, a reboot doesn't seem to fix the issue, but when I turn the computer off at the end of the day, then come back in the morning, it's back to being very fast.

Aug 13, 2019
Any other ideas? Might be worth noting that the software itself is running at normal speed during these hangs, it just seems to be when I need to move a file or a program tries to use explorer for saving or opening that it happens .