Question Sytem interupts freezing my pc

Jan 12, 2021
Hello,
I am experiencing system interrupts while using my pc. It happens randomly throughout the day. They are mostly 1-2 seconds freezes. However when I am playing Cold War the freezes can last 5-10 mins. Consisting of my audio becoming laggy and fps becoming very low and I get random freezes while it is going on. Most of the time the game has a decent FPS of 70-90. When I look in taskmanager I can se that system interrupts is using 70-80% of cpu.

My specs
CPU: ryzen 7 2700x
MBO: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: DDR4 2666MHZ 16GB Kingston

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the freeze ups.

You can also use Resource Monitor to observe system performance while playing Cold War.

Watch what resources are used, to what extent (%), and what is using the resource.

Jan 12, 2021
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the freeze ups.

You can also use Resource Monitor to observe system performance while playing Cold War.

Watch what resources are used, to what extent (%), and what is using the resource.
My psu is an rm650 only a year old
And my drives
Samsung 970 evo 500gb 380gb free
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 711gb free
An old 256 gb m2 ssd that shows up as an sata ssd. 144 gb free

I will have resource monitor open in the background next time i play cold war.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Keep the Resource Monitor open where you can constantly monitor what your system is doing and move about within the monitor as necessary.

The objective is to look for, and hopefully find, some fixable problem.

Not win the game.

And the PSU being only a year old does not exclude it as being a potential culprit.

Heavy use due to gaming, video editing, bit-mining, or anything demanding high wattage levels could be bringing about a premature PSU failure. Or just accelerating the designed in EOL (End of Life).

Just FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Play and observe several times.

Remember to look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes etc..