[SOLVED] T-Force RGB on default. Can't get ASRock software to work.

Will_71

Commendable
Feb 18, 2017
Specs:

CPU: i9 9900K
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080
Mobo: ASROck Z390M-ITX/ac
RAM: T Force XCalibur DDR4 4000
Storage: Samsun 970 Evo Plus 1tb (OS) / 860 2TB x2 / 4 TB HDD

Can't get anything to work for changing the colors on my RAM. The ASRock software and some of the solutions I've tried haven't worked. I tried NZXT CAM, Asus Aura (but not the 1.4 version people say allegedly works).

In a last ditch effort I wanted to ask you guys for help as I'm stuck.

Solution
It shouldn't matter DMAN? Software should be able to communicate with the RGB on the RAM via the DIMM slots - similar to how a GPU can have RGB control via the PCIe slot.

Definitely an odd one - although I can't imagine the sample size of users using that kit to be particularly big.
It might not matter But then again it might.
I'm not sure if Asus Aura or even Asrock polychrome will work properly with a non-RGB motherboard, a lot of that software is linked to the BIOS.
I just know from using Asus Aura on my PC that it is Very finicky and doesn't recognize some RGB components on some motherboards.
Mine Only works properly if I have the correct BIOS version matched with the correct version of Aura.

I just looked an T-Force...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Your motherboard doesn't have any RGB headers:
So it might Not be able to control that RGB RAM at all.
If the RAM does the standard rainbow effect that may be all you can do with your MB.

It shouldn't matter DMAN? Software should be able to communicate with the RGB on the RAM via the DIMM slots - similar to how a GPU can have RGB control via the PCIe slot.

Definitely an odd one - although I can't imagine the sample size of users using that kit to be particularly big.

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador

I'm not sure if Asus Aura or even Asrock polychrome will work properly with a non-RGB motherboard, a lot of that software is linked to the BIOS.
I just know from using Asus Aura on my PC that it is Very finicky and doesn't recognize some RGB components on some motherboards.
Mine Only works properly if I have the correct BIOS version matched with the correct version of Aura.

I just looked an T-Force does have RGB software so I'd try that first and see if that works:
https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/support/download.php?pr_keyword=XCALIBUR+RGB+DDR4

And I would absolutely use an app like Revo Uninstaller to make sure that any other RGB software is 100% removed before trying it.
Using more than 1 RGB app can cause compatibility issues.

Reactions: Will_71
Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

I've never heard of any issues with controlling things like a GPU via Aura (etc), but that sounds logical.

Aura is a nightmare at the best of times - at least they finally updated it so it stops triggering EasyAntiCheat :ROFLMAO:

I just looked an T-Force does have RGB software so I'd try that first and see if that works:
https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/support/download.php?pr_keyword=XCALIBUR+RGB+DDR4

Agreed - I would start here. If TForce's own software doesn't detect it, then you have a problem.

Will_71

Commendable
Feb 18, 2017

I was thinking about this; my GPU can be controlled via PCIE. ASRock hardware doesn't work and I don't have anyone I can find on the net using my motherboard that has gotten it to work. I am now looking into alternative. Thing is, T-Force is based on Asus Aura; so I read somewhere Asus Aura 1.4 works. I'm not 100% positive but it was the only shot in the dark I could find.

Will_71

Commendable
Feb 18, 2017
I've never heard of any issues with controlling things like a GPU via Aura (etc), but that sounds logical.

Aura is a nightmare at the best of times - at least they finally updated it so it stops triggering EasyAntiCheat :ROFLMAO:

Agreed - I would start here. If TForce's own software doesn't detect it, then you have a problem.

T-Force and Asus Aura program is the same.

And I would absolutely use an app like Revo Uninstaller to make sure that any other RGB software is 100% removed before trying it.
Using more than 1 RGB app can cause compatibility issues.
I don't know why but yours worked. A+ thank you.

It didn't work before.

Last edited: