T-Mobile Sides With Samsung in Battle With Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I feel so ecstatic about companies trying to beat down apple! :D

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]I feel so ecstatic about companies trying to beat down apple![/citation]
It's like a playground. All the kids were getting along just fine with eachother, until the girl with apples came along. She tried to not only fit in, but look better and superior. Then, when some of the other kids also started looking superior, the girl with apples could not stand the pressure. She exploded in rage, and as a result now she has all the other kids ganging up on her, and resorting to the most childish methods of self-repayal.

YES! I like it too!!!
PLEASE TELECOM COMPANIES OF THE WORLD, UNITE AND DESTROY!!!!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Honestly, Apple has hit a behive on this one. As a business you don't exactly alienate your partners. Their business is going to be harmed for these actions far more then they realize. You lose the largest panel maker. You lose telecom contracts. Thats their business uprooted from under them.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
With all these lawsuits, mergers, and deals it's like technological WWIII. Though in the end you mostly just get a bunch of pissed off people.

G

yeaa... iphone 5 is coming out in 11/04. I love apple's ideas about their new products. "SAME OLD WINE IN A NEW BOTTLE" still can fool one more time again only if you are not stupid.

balev

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
I'm not an Apple fan and I have never used their products (for various reasons, most just how much it is limited) and probably won't for some time unless things change.

However, I don't see a problem with a company that comes up with new ideas and patents them to actually protect those patents. I don't know what all the patents are and if it's just about the shape of a phone then it's probably a bit silly but I'm sure there are other concepts that Apple wants to protect.

I believe all this with the current system... Of course, though, the system (i.e. the economic system) could be a lot better.

The Venus Project is awesome if anyone's heard of it.

bloodlover

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
[citation][nom]balev[/nom]I'm not an Apple fan and I have never used their products (for various reasons, most just how much it is limited) and probably won't for some time unless things change.However, I don't see a problem with a company that comes up with new ideas and patents them to actually protect those patents. I don't know what all the patents are and if it's just about the shape of a phone then it's probably a bit silly but I'm sure there are other concepts that Apple wants to protect.I believe all this with the current system... Of course, though, the system (i.e. the economic system) could be a lot better.The Venus Project is awesome if anyone's heard of it.[/citation]

That might be true if Apple actually made something 100% original but their claims are ridiculous. Well I am sure they know it too but maybe all this fuss is not actually about them caring. I always thought that this was in order to delay Samsung so Apple can finally release some direct competitor (Iphone 5?) We'll just see on the 4th of October.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I'm not so sure how a telecommunications company has any weight in this. Perhaps it really shows how desperate Samsung has become - to accept any form of help by third parties.[/citation]
Well Samsung makes phones, T-Mobile has a good size stake in Samsung phones in order to make a profit, Apple banning Samsung phones directly affects T-Mobiles ability to make a profit and survive, so they are in the same place as Verizon. Apple going after Samsung doesn't just affect Samsung it will negatively affect the carriers business as well which is not good, and those carriers have a right to protect themselves from that loss, which is what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS