T-Mobile to Stop Carrying BlackBerry Phones in Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Failure to innovate means death. This should be a lesson to every other manufacturer out there. Don't rest on laurels of the past and focus on the future.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
The should axe them all together.

Firms are not buying BB10 devices because they have to upgrade their BES servers and buy new licences. No company want to run 2 seperate BES servers because most people are on BES 5 and someone come in with a BB10 cannot be added on the BES 5. Companies are sticking with the 9930 and that is the last BB device many companies will buy because it works on the old BES

g-unit1111

Titan
Boy, really makes me glad I chose the HTC One over a Blackberry Z10, and I was heavily considering the Z10 at one point. BB10 looks great on paper but when you don't have the app support that iOS, Android, and even Windows Phone 8 have over it, you'll go the way of Web OS every time.

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
But their big, promising, smartphone campaign failed horribly. So they did go. T-Mobile dropped them and the company went off on a fire sale to a consortium and so did you. Smart move on all parts.

rauelius

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Sorry to be Captain Hindsite here, but how difficult would it have been for BB to adopt Android as an OS much in the same way that Amazon did with the Kindle Fire, while on top of having exclusivity to BBM and other BB services, they could also have their own App store, and getting Apps on it would have been as easy as it would have been to get them on the Amazon AppStore. Also, the ability to side-load Apps would have definitely helped.

rauelius

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I understand that BB sorta did that with their latest OS, but that was more-or-less running an emulator for android to run android apps. I'm talking about Android as the base OS.

Brandon Samuels

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
BB Z10 really is "up to par". Just lack of enthusiasm vs. IOS and Android led to lower than expected sales. Too late in the game was their problem, but the Z10 really is a competitor. Most of my friends have high end Androids or IOS devices and they all like my Z10.... BBRY just didnt compete early enough.

Brandon Samuels

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
BB Z10 really is "up to par". Just lack of enthusiasm vs. IOS and Android led to lower than expected sales. Too late in the game was their problem, but the Z10 really is a competitor. Most of my friends have high end Androids or IOS devices and they all like my Z10.... BBRY just didnt compete early enough.

Brandon Samuels

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

g-unit1111

Titan

I played around with the phone at various stores and I really liked the interface - it was intuitive and flowed really nicely switching applications back and forth. But yeah lack of enthusiasm among developers was really telling. Especially when you consider the sheer amount of apps and programs that are available for iOS and Android just exponentially dwarf what's available for BB10.

Status
Not open for further replies.