T-Mobile to Use Android on Tablet PC, Home Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I've already seen commercials for Verizon's new home phone, so I don't see why T-Mobile can't create a home phone. T-Mobile already has their WiFi home phone service, so it makes sense to create a phone that can more fully utilize that.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
The tablet PC part sounds very interesting to me, options and variety are always good things so I'm looking forward to seeing Android running as a full fledged OS against Windows and OSX in the future.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
"What about you? Are you tired of hearing about “devices” that might get to see Android instead of seeing manufacturers actually using it?"

Yes. I would love to see products - get them in hand and play with it. That's as in, actually get to use it instead of see a picture of it on a non-working dummy phone (a hint to all you companies - have a working model in sotre that I can try for 5 minutes or so, depending on how busy it is).

That sadi, here comes my rant. What I would dearly love to see is phone manufacturers producing cell phones (and or other deveices - choose your poison) that aren't tied to the service providers. You make a phone with Android on it, that I can then go and choose if I want AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc. (As I'm in Canada, my choices are restricted to Rogers & subsidiaries, Bell & subsidiaries, or Telus. Come on, you new guys, get up and running already!! And offer me choices.)

Wouldn't you love a "bring your own phone" plan?

Rant finished.

Go, Android!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.