T-Mobile's New iPhone 5 Goes Through FCC Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]500MB on the basic plan? I'd hardly call that a "killer deal".[/citation]
If 500MB is not enough then get a non-basic plan. (and it is not just 500MB, it is 500MB of high speed...after which they just throttle the connection)

slomo4sho

Distinguished
No overage fees and I have yet to be throttled on my $30 5GB prepaid plan (which appears to be no longer available).

Lets see if this move will help transition the US in obtaining better quality service at lower prices similar to the rest of the world...

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]500MB on the basic plan? I'd hardly call that a "killer deal".[/citation]

No the plan is unlimited, it's 500mb allowed for tethering

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]I phone 5 sucks.[/citation]
The only thing that sucks are people like you that make pointless and unhelpful comments. Just shut up if you haven't anything constructive to say.

g-unit1111

Titan

Oh they didn't mention that when I was looking through the 10 pages of legal mumbo jumbo.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
$50 for unlimited talk, text and 500mb of 4G with unlimited Edge.....that is a killer deal compared to what you get from Verizon. For $80, Verizon gives you unlimited talk, text and 1GB data after which they start tacking on overage fees. If you're like me and the data package is irrelevant....Verizon is a ripoff. I pay Verizon $120 a month for 2 smartphones with unlimited talk, text and 1GB data. With T-Mo...I'll pay $80/month for unlimited talk, text and 500mb of 4G data (which I'll never use all of anyway) on 2 smartphones. For only $90 a month, I can get the same 1GB that I currently have with Verizon....and still have unlimited Edge access after that 1GB is used up. Plus, T-Mo no longer makes you sign a service contract....so you can leave whenever you want. T-Mobile has become the first national carrier to use a pre-paid model....and still finance your phone instead of charging you full retail up front (and offer a better value than current pre-paid services).

[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]No the plan is unlimited, it's 500mb allowed for tethering[/citation]
It's 500mb of 4G access...after which, you're reduced to their Edge network.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]Oh they didn't mention that when I was looking through the 10 pages of legal mumbo jumbo.[/citation]
It wasn't mentioned, because that's not the point of the limitation. The "data package" you pay for....is for 4G access, period. This is the only drawback to their service. You pay for limited 4G data access.....BUT, they give you access to their Edge (2G I believe) network with no data limit in case you exceed the 4G data limit. Basically, it ends up being unlimited Edge (2G, I believe) data with limited 4G data. With access to their Edge data network, you can still tether other devices and chew up as much data as possible in a month.

If T-Mo had coverage where I live I would switch in a blink. I always buy my phones unlocked, and their new plans are great for that.

Not this phone, though; I would not touch an Apple handset with a 10 foot pole, they're too outdated and clunky to use.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]No overage fees and I have yet to be throttled on my $30 5GB prepaid plan (which appears to be no longer available). Lets see if this move will help transition the US in obtaining better quality service at lower prices similar to the rest of the world...[/citation]
Nope, it's still available - you just have to look. http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

Aaron Cooper

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]More competition for AT&T, Verizon, the better for consumers.[/citation]
The plan is still good, just you have to do a little searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.