T-Pain Says: It Ain't Hardcore Unless It's Hexacore

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
And whats with mr cool in the background, looking like hes got a stick up his ass...oh look, im angry, watch out, it makes me cool. FFS...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
that guy probably doesn't know crap about computer, yet he talks about them like he is an expert...just like obama after he sat in the new VOLT, he is like i recommend them and he did not even drive it...what a moron of a pres

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]darkerson[/nom]My brain hurts so much after seeing this moron trying to hock goods for them...[/citation]
As opposed to the other celebrity morons they could have gotten?

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]that guy probably doesn't know crap about computer, yet he talks about them like he is an expert...just like obama after he sat in the new VOLT, he is like i recommend them and he did not even drive it...what a moron of a pres[/citation]
Way to pick up on the point of the article! You probably write essays for multiple choice questions.

Funny advert. T-Pain has a good sense of humor IMO

[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]I can't believe they had to use a black rapper to depict ignorance.[/citation]I agree. But sadly, it is the hip-hop culture that in of itself breeds this type of ignorance; and worse yet, it's celebrated!

tfrall

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Most of you just don't get it.

Toshiba and T-Pain are making fun of Dr. Dre and HP by saying "Rappers don't know **** about computers!". It's well done. Apparently too subtle though.

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Basically, they are saying that TPayne or whatever is dumb as a box of rocks being transported in a bag of hammers. I can get down with that.

2hot4u

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Funny commercial, but they missed an opportunity for another joke. The three guys in labcoats at the end should have been looking at various prototypes of technology with T-pains face on it; along with stencils, oil paintings, and a lite-brite of his face.

mirazh1976

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
How is this is funny?

YAY a wipe-able/cleanable keyboard.....yawn

Yes, this makes me want to buy a Toshiba indeed, yes indeed...

alexttlyrocks

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]Lenin was a genius & that's why Stalin put him on display. OMG, I can't believe they had to use a black rapper to depict ignorance.[/citation]
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]I agree. But sadly, it is the hip-hop culture that in of itself breeds this type of ignorance; and worse yet, it's celebrated![/citation]

wow, you two are complete idiots. First of all, way to throw the word black in there, you couldn't just say rapper.
Second, its a commercial advertising their laptops. The point of the ignorance is to be funny. You don't need to be so anal about some random commercial.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Holy shit, some of you ladies need to pump your brakes, how in the hell did 95 percent of the forum get it, and somehow its twisted to a shot at obama,hip hop culture,and lenin. Lighten up bitches, especially Nebun. Only the people in this forum really know computers, and only some guy in India knows about the Volt. As for me I will take a hexacore laptop, with a 100 megagigabytes,and a side of fries,lol

[citation][nom]alexttlyrocks[/nom]wow, you two are complete idiots. First of all, way to throw the word black in there, you couldn't just say rapper.Second, its a commercial advertising their laptops. The point of the ignorance is to be funny. You don't need to be so anal about some random commercial.[/citation]The only thing idiotic here is T-Pain actually acting the fool to hock these products. If anything that commercial makes T-Pain look like an ignorant buffoon; exclaiming MEGAGIGABYTES and slamming the sandwich down like he made some revelation.

Oh! And goodness forbid if it gets pointed out that T-Pain is black rapper, we wouldn't want politically correct police to misconstrue a statement of fact.

Buffoonery is not funny. Ignorance is not funny. If anything there are cultures throughout this world that actually punish ignorance.

The really sad part here is that I have heard and seen interviews with T-Pain and he is an intelligent person and a family man who is above the antics displayed in the commercial. And, I imagine that Toshiba had to open the checkbook wide or his endorsement. Money beats image I suppose.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

The point is he could have reworded his statement better then suggesting they should have used a rapper that wasn't black. I'm sure Toshiba didn't mean to mock T-pane, and no matter how much they would offer they could never force him to do it; so it would be T-pane that wanted to make a fool of rappers like himself where we don't know how they actually are.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008

wow, if you think that "T-Pain" pun intended, has a good sense of humor there is something wrong with you...just think of how much money Toshiba spent on a washed up "so called" star. did is tell you that he has no idea what a hexacore cpu is?

Status
Not open for further replies.