Tablet Asus shutdown and say "thermal critical event". Should i replace thermal paste?

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Hi, in tablets we also should replace thermal paste on the processor? Because my K011 Tablet Asus shutdown and say "thermal critical event"

Solution
Would rma it either bad board or battery cause battery can cause email to over heat.
Would rma it if happens all the time if still under warranty.
If warranty ran out ya might find parts on ifixit.com or eBay or online somewhere.
do you use it while environment is hotter than 35°C?

did it happen while charging the battery?

did you root it?

no, thermal paste is not used for this kind of hardware. If it´s overheating, the chip or the battery is getting to hot itself by defect or hot environment or using the wrong charger, if it happens while charging.

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Some tablet's and phones can over heat while charing and running intesive tasks . Only happens when cpu ram at heavy load while charging . Is just giving yang a warning I'd unplug it or stop your running tasks till fininsisted charging. Myou Brad new Samsung Galaxy s2 did the same thing but game me battery heat warning while it was charging and updating 2 Oscar versions

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
And got a thermal warning on this brand new Samsung Galaxy tab s2 8 inch got yesterd a year while it was charging but it installed 2 new Oscar versions and was on heavy load while in air conditioned room . Haven't happened since but was first charge and takes a lot of ram cpu and ssd load to install the Oscar updates

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Would rma it either bad board or battery cause battery can cause email to over heat.
Would rma it if happens all the time if still under warranty.
If warranty ran out ya might find parts on ifixit.com or eBay or online somewhere.

Solution