News Tachyum to Cadence: Our Prodigy Doesn't Meet Prodigious Goals, Sue You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I was skeptical of Tachyum's claims, from the start. It's a tale as old as computing: some chip company comes out of the woodwork with lofty claims, and then fails to deliver for one reason or another.

I don't doubt they have real grounds for litigation, but I do wonder just how many delays and how much underperformance they'd have had, if Cadence indeed delivered on all its commitments. Just because there's a long poll in your schedule doesn't mean there wouldn't have been others holing it up, if you removed that one.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it performs. That will at least tell us if they had any real performance potential.

Reactions: Order 66 and sherhi

sherhi

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
I was skeptical of Tachyum's claims, from the start. It's a tale as old as computing: some chip company comes out of the woodwork with lofty claims, and then fails to deliver for one reason or another.

I don't doubt they have real grounds for litigation, but I do wonder just how many delays and how much underperformance they'd have had, if Cadence indeed delivered on all its commitments. Just because there's a long poll in your schedule doesn't mean there wouldn't have been others holing it up, if you removed that one.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it performs. That will at least tell us if they had any real performance potential.

its a local startup (with still no normal HQ/office) that has not shown anything up to this point BUT once bought it immediatelly started to come up in many state funded projects

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Jul 29, 2022
its a local startup (with still no normal HQ/office) that has not shown anything up to this point BUT once bought it immediatelly started to come up in many state funded projects

You are far from the truth. They have big HQ both in Slovakia and in US.

Status
Not open for further replies.