Tahiti LE, Tested: PowerColor's HD7870 PCS+ Myst Edition

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkjravn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Yeah I noticed that in there, but they state that about the Myst edition, and then link to the Ghz EZ version. That is why I am worried. I can't find any documentation of the Ghz EZ version anywhere else. With the current rebate, the Ghz EZ come out at 204.99, which is a freaking steal. Other wise I am looking at an additional 45 bucks, or at least 15 bucks. A review of the Ghz EZ also states that it runs quieter and cooler, which again leads me to believe that it is not the Tahiti.

Dang it! I just want a good deal! Lol.

doogansquest

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Powercolor has made another version of this card on Newegg. The Sapphire one is perpetually sold out everywhere. Every single time someone gave me a link swearing I could buy it, it's out of stock.

Cataclysm_ZA

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Most definitely!

dkjravn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Wow, this is a while ago now but I should at least give some resolution. I bought that card and it is amazing. Super quiet and stable.

cmi86

Distinguished
They named it confusingly on purpose. It's my guess that with performance levels so close to a 7950 they wanted this card to be a unicorn that not many people really knew about. So they named it with the mid range 7870 to keep it off the 7950's consumer base.

psiboy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Igor I think you forgot to list which version of the Catalyst Drivers you used. I'd love to know as I have just ordered one of these as an upgrade from my 6950 which has issues with the 13.4 drivers so I rolled back to the 13.1 version which works fine.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
How many companies make cards with the Tahiti LE GPU? I was just looking at prices today and noticed the price of the 760 which seemed something in my price range until I read the review of the June 2013 cards and read that the 7870 was still a good choice. But I noticed that they were talking about the Tahiti LE. I've only noticed that PowerCooler seems to be the only company that I know of that used this GPU. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.