Taking a Peek Inside the MacBook Pro's Retina Display

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Well, if we want smalle rand thinner that's just the price we have to pay; seriously.
When is the last time you attempted to 'fix' a wrist watch, a CPU or the ABS computer on your car.
High end electronic cramped into small spaces are not maintenance friendly. For once that's not Apple's fault.
Let's be fair for a moment. :)

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Here are the comments if this was on a computer without an Apple logo:

"Wow, can't wait to get my hands on it."
"True innovation right here, in only 15 inches? JESUS!"
"WINDOWS WILL LOOK AMAZING ON THIS THING!"
"PC-1 MAC-0"
"They built the LCD right into the exterior frame? Wow, who thought of that?"
"I'm worried about the cost, but for 2880x1800 I'll pay for it"

Instead we get:
"Who needs that much resolution anyways?"
"Mac+Gaming = joke"
"Only photographers will use this"
"This is just too early for this high of a resolution" (Yes, someone actually complained that technology is advancing too fast on a technology blog).

It is truly sad to see advancing technology being bashed, just because of a ridiculous bias.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i see nothing wrong with this design...i would rather replace the whole assembly and know that everything is sealed and cleaned properly from the factory...why mess with replacing only the display...most technicians are very dirty and it would be very easy to leave finger prints, hair and dander between the display and the glass...i am talking from experience

Status
Not open for further replies.