Taking Money out of my account unauthorized!!

abamford

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Please help me with this!! Steam games has taken money from my checking account and I have never even heard of them before. I don't have an account with them and when call the number for support it asks that I leave a message and they'll call me back within 17 minutes. NO ONE has called me back and I have left about 5 messages in the past 24 hours. They suggest you to get on their support webpage to take care of the matter and when you do it ask for your Account Information! I DO NOT , AND DO NOT WANT, HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH STEAM GAMES!! What can I do about this?

Solution
I've had this happen as well. Some very nice people out in Michigan decided to hit the Dollar Store and Autozone using my account. The closest I've ever been to Michigan was going to school in Chicago! Fortunately, my bank's fraud protection caught it and they called me. I put an immediate freeze on the account, called the credit reporting institutions to put a 90 day freeze on all credit applications, and went to the bank to challenge all the fraudulent purchases. They only managed to snake about $140 from my account, but my bank re-credited those funds and refunded my over-draft charge; pending resolution of the case. A couple weeks later, I received a letter in the mail stating I won my case and all was well in the world.

-Wolf sends

McHenryB

Admirable

The OP doesn't even have a Steam account so disabling in-app purchases (for non-existant apps) is going to be a challenge.

As others have said, this is not a Steam problem, it's a case of someone having hijacked the OP's bank details. Any children in the household?

Just get the account blocked mate seriously.its a pain but not worth risking it.

I had £3000+ whacked out of my account on online software downloads a few years back - in the 2 weeks before a couple of small payments were taken first which I never noticed at the time - these were testers (apparently normal practice for fraudsters).
The bank were top notch at sorting it out to be fair but I was sh1tting it a bit for a day or so as it was a big sum of money.

g-unit1111

Titan

Wait a minute, this doesn't make sense now. How can one not have a Steam account and get money taken out from Steam? Am I missing something here? :??:

Iamsoda

Distinguished

He has a bank account and someone used that information to make steam purchases.

His bank account was hijacked and some else has used his money to buy things. Identity theft.

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Like this? https://i.imgflip.com/8pink.jpg

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I've been a victim of that, it sucks. I mean the best thing one can do is to contact the bank's fraud department and they can put a freeze on the account and the bank can refund any fraudulent purchases.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I've had this happen as well. Some very nice people out in Michigan decided to hit the Dollar Store and Autozone using my account. The closest I've ever been to Michigan was going to school in Chicago! Fortunately, my bank's fraud protection caught it and they called me. I put an immediate freeze on the account, called the credit reporting institutions to put a 90 day freeze on all credit applications, and went to the bank to challenge all the fraudulent purchases. They only managed to snake about $140 from my account, but my bank re-credited those funds and refunded my over-draft charge; pending resolution of the case. A couple weeks later, I received a letter in the mail stating I won my case and all was well in the world.

-Wolf sends

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I had this happen - my bank account got hit for like $1600 and they went to Van Nuys and took out like $400 withdrawls at a time, bought gas at three different locations. Getting that money back was quite a nightmare but the bank took care of everything very easily. Although I question my bank's fraud department because they didn't catch those withdrawls until after the weekend.