Tale of the Tape: OnePlus One Compared to Top Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex davies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
My intent was to compare the OPO to 2014 flagships, since this is what OnePlus is saying it "kills." Admittedly, the Note 3 is from 2013, but it is here more to show how the One compares to it in size.

If I had included the Nexus 5, the One would have blown it away in basically all departments, apart from physical size and price.

apertotes

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

And that is a very useful comparison for somebody with 300 dollars to spend on a smartphone.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
LG G2, HAS OIS, and directly competes with all of these in features and specs, runs 4.4.2, 5.2" IPS 1080p display 800 SoC 2.26GHZ 2GB Ram 32GB storage..but we won't mention any of that oh no, because it was released more than all of 6 months ago...

alex davies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013

And that is a very useful comparison for somebody with 300 dollars to spend on a smartphone.

A new chart comparing the One to the Nexus 5 has been added. Thanks for the feedback.

apertotes

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

Wow! A+ service from Tom's Hardware. Thanks a lot!

emjayy

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Awesome phones, all of them. But I'm drawn to the OnePlus One because they're one of the few that are selling their devices at the very price range that high end phones sold today should be sold at. These high end phones (and that includes the iPhone) don't cost a bundle to manufacture anymore - their real manufacturing cost price is around $200-$230 and the cost drops as the cost of screens drops in price. The profit is much smaller per device when doing business the more honest way, but you can easily quadruple the number of people worldwide who can get access to the latest in mobile handset technology. I don't see any valid reason why the world should be forced to pay 3 times the cost of the hardware. The only reason the prices are that high is because a few big carriers have been subsidizing phone prices by up to $450 so the manufacturers are allowed to put whatever price they desire on the devices no matter what they actually cost to make. The carriers pass the cost of subsidizing the phones down to consumers and everyone pays more for data than we should be. I just hope OnePlus is successful in opening some eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.