Taskbar and task manager weird glitches

BlazeAxtrius

Honorable
May 20, 2015
Hello, for the past 6 months I have been having a very annoying issue. It started randomly only when I was playing PUBG, but recently it has been doing it constantly.

Here is a picture of the glitches: HERE

I get these in the task manager, while scrolling through folders and files, the start menu and taskbar icons.

I have a Lenovo Laptop Y50-70 with I7-4720HQ and GTX960m, 16GB ram and 256GB ssd. I also updated my display drivers and all other drivers in an attempt to fix this. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Solution
Hello Blayze!

I've read up on some of the issues that you're having and noticed a lot of people who have the same laptop as you have almost the similar problems with graphics, usually when you update drivers and your graphics card it helps to wait a few days or perhaps a week to see if there are problems with the update itself. Other times it might be because there are pieces of the old updates hanging around because Nvidia is notorious for not getting rid of the old updates. I recommend following this link on how to do a clean install of the GPU to see if that might relieve the issue.

Link: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

It also helps to check the driver updates with the...

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

Repair your windows files maybe that will work.

BlazeAxtrius

Honorable
May 20, 2015

I ran the sfc /scannow command, which said that it fixd some corrupted files but that doesnt seem to fix it. Do you have any other suggestions?

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

chkdsk /f

BlazeAxtrius

Honorable
May 20, 2015

Well i am not getting it now, but I think it might be just because of the restart. I will write again if it shows up again.

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

youre not getting what now?

May 8, 2018
Hello Blayze!

I've read up on some of the issues that you're having and noticed a lot of people who have the same laptop as you have almost the similar problems with graphics, usually when you update drivers and your graphics card it helps to wait a few days or perhaps a week to see if there are problems with the update itself. Other times it might be because there are pieces of the old updates hanging around because Nvidia is notorious for not getting rid of the old updates. I recommend following this link on how to do a clean install of the GPU to see if that might relieve the issue.

Link: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

It also helps to check the driver updates with the onboard graphics (if any) and the drivers often which you mentioned in your post that you did. I hope this might help you in some way and look forward to finding out if you solved this issue and how. Have a great day!

Solution