Taskbar popping up in fullscreen

doctor_cavy

Prominent
Apr 20, 2018
Recently when i go into full screen on youtube or any video player, my task bar will pop up for a second then disappear again, this happens every 3-5 minutes and is fairly irritating. I've tried many different methods such as trying to disable officebackgroundtaskhandler, but i could not find it so i assume i don't have it. I also tried unplugging my mouse and keyboard in case they where bugging it out however it kept popping up anyway. Any fix would be greatly appreciated. I am currently using windows 10, if that helps.

doctor_cavy

Prominent
Apr 20, 2018
After a bit of messing with a program called "windows focus logger" i think i may have found what is causing the task bar to pop up. Whenever i am watching something and the task bar pops up windows focus logger said that a process called "WerFault" ran at the same time.

I'm not sure if it was causing the issue so i searched up how to disable it and after disabling windows error reporting services, under services WerFault still kept running in the background at the same time as the task bar issue.

Do you know if it could be causing the issue, and if so how do i fully disable it/remove it as so far my attempts have failed?

Hello again

Can you please try turning off Windows Error Reporting from the Control Panel as well as explained here? Probably disabling the service alone didn't serve the purpose.

Also, as one of the answers in the forum says, the WerFault.exe file is in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. You can try renaming it to WerFault.bak and see if that helps.

Cheers!!

doctor_cavy

Prominent
Apr 20, 2018
I tried to follow the guide to disabling windows error reporting in the control panel however most people say to go to "system and maintenance" however i have "security and maintenance". It has a different layout so i am unable to track down where the off button for windows error reporting is. I have also renamed WerFault.exe to WerFault.bak but it hasn't changed anything even after a pc restart as far as i'm aware.

doctor_cavy

Prominent
Apr 20, 2018
After awhile of messing around with it i noticed other issues popping up and decided since i have nothing much of importance on my pc to simply rebuild it, thank you for the help anyways :)
I will post here again if the problems persist after the rebuild but i doubt it.