Question TD500 mesh with AIO cooling on front

redbioniclem

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hello!

I saw this video and I am just about to build a new PC with the master liquid ml360l v2 argb and the td500mesh case.

I am wondering if anyone has had previous experience with this and if you would recommend placing the AIO cooler on the front and moving the case fans to the top.

Also, here's my build, let me know if u got any suggestions or advice!
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/redbioniclem/saved/D9tcxr

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hi!

Pick your poison. You're going to win some and lose some regardless of the orientation - one such example is that both cpu and gpu have dynamic boost algorithms that like cooler temperatures.
Try to go with the 'lesser evil' based on how you use, or will use the PC, and the living environment.
If you have air conditioning, it really isn't going to matter at all, since that replaces the heated air the PC releases into the room with cool air. Makes the whole top/front arguments pointless, save for compatibility concerns.
If you live in a year-round cold/cool climate, then the PC helps provide heating to the room... a little bit, anyways.
If you don't have air conditioning, live in a year-round tropical climate, or both, you should be reducing the power limits on the hardware - it helps to keep things within your personal comfort zone.

redbioniclem

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hi!

Pick your poison. You're going to win some and lose some regardless of the orientation - one such example is that both cpu and gpu have dynamic boost algorithms that like cooler temperatures.
Try to go with the 'lesser evil' based on how you use, or will use the PC, and the living environment.
If you have air conditioning, it really isn't going to matter at all, since that replaces the heated air the PC releases into the room with cool air. Makes the whole top/front arguments pointless, save for compatibility concerns.
If you live in a year-round cold/cool climate, then the PC helps provide heating to the room... a little bit, anyways.
If you don't have air conditioning, live in a year-round tropical climate, or both, you should be reducing the power limits on the hardware - it helps to keep things within your personal comfort zone.

I live in Peru so the climate goes from 14C(57.2F) to 30C (86F). But it is humid and there's a lot of dust, and dust is "heavier" here.
Based on my build which one do you think I should do?

Thanks for the help!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, I have no active air conditioning. sorry.
Then make use of lower power limits on the gpu as necessary to help you manage room temperature. The 5700X uses far less power, shouldn't need to put any caps on that one...
Not going to matter too much where you mount the cooler, since both cpu and gpu like lower operating temperature.
Front intake: piddly amounts of heat energy from the cpu passes through everything else - some air, even warmed, is still better than none.
Top exhaust: heat energy from everything else passes through the cpu cooler - some air, even warmed, etc...