News Team Group Launches Dual CPU and SSD Liquid Cooler

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
I'm always amazed at the RGB infatuation. Must be a lot of 13 year old kids sitting around watching their AIO glow in the dark. <LOL>

Since there are no available enthusiast Gen 5 SSDs this AIO won't be needed until probably late '23.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I'm always amazed at the RGB infatuation. Must be a lot of 13 year old kids sitting around watching their AIO glow in the dark. <LOL>

Since there are no available enthusiast Gen 5 SSDs this AIO won't be needed until probably late '23.
I'm 39 and I love rgb. It's not for everyone though, and that's why companies make coolers without rgb.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019

I am 43 and still love strong colours and RGB lights so have nothing to do with age. I think some of us just have brains wired in a way that we get extra excited when exposed to fun lights. It not only looks cool but also impacts the overall ambiance of a room which is a positive thing as you can change it all up. For those that do not like RGB you can always disable the RGB or just run it with a static white or blue colour.

As for this specific product, I do not think it is the best idea since that SSD will contribute to the heat soaking of the radiator so the CPU cooling then gets reduced. Better to just have the SSD cooled by a separate 120 mm radiator if you want to go that route.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yikes. Thermaltake had a similar implementation, but with cpu and ram.

It's not for everyone though, and that's why companies make coolers without rgb.
Liquid coolers like that have become fewer in number over time. There are LEDs SOMEWHERE, even on the really subtle ones.
Non-(A)RGB versions look to be slowly phasing out.

For those that do not like RGB you can always disable the RGB or just run it with a static white or blue colour.
Even if that is the case, some users are not OK paying extra for a feature they don't want/see.
Looking around with the aid of partpicker, I see charges between 10-30 quid more for those LEDs on models that have (A)RGB and non-(A)RGB versions.
That money can be saved for later, used towards an extra fan(s) or other component, groceries, a cup of coffee or whatever.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I used to swap the power and hard drive activity LEDs to more vibrant colors back in the day. I don't go out of my way for RGB, but most of the motherboards I buy and some components tend to have it these days. So I set it up, usually to a single color, and forget about it.

Only have a clear side panel so I can see my water cooling reservoir really. (Though I have run in the past not being able to see it)

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018

I don't necessarily care one way or the other for RGB and strobe lighting, however, I have a completely fanless tower. I can't tell its on unless it's lit up in one way or another. I mean, yeah, the monitors.

I enjoy LED lighting on the board.

mickrc3

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
With this dual cooler how to get it to work with legacy X570 motherboards with their cursed monolithic SSD heatsink and chipset fan housings? It was the one thing I didn't like when I bought my current rig but at the time I was mostly worried about having to take all of my expansion cards out in order to add or change SSDs which has already happened three times. I know it is directed at newer motherboards but there are a lot of those X570 boards out there (and some B550 boards too) with those combination SSD heatsinks. That is a big chunk of the market to ignore. Sure the cooler might be overkill for a Gen 4 SSD but many people would want one anyway.

On the subject of lighting I'm 66 and enjoy adding RGB/aRGB lighting to my PC builds (I do about a half dozen a year for family and friends). A little light show doesn't hurt.

Sep 25, 2022
I like RGB, but I don't like it when it's excessive. My main system has a slow 'breathing' effect in blue, which matches my case color. I'm not a fan of the blinding rainbow explosions with all the movement around and whatnot. That's too much, in my opinion. Nor do I require RGB SSDs, PSUs, cables, mousepads or condensed air, thanks. To each their own however. There's no right or wrong answers.

Reactions: drajitsh

drajitsh

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2016

I paid gave up features to avoid RGB in my case and power supply. I really wish I could get an AIO without rgb

Sep 25, 2022
I paid gave up features to avoid RGB in my case and power supply. I really wish I could get an AIO without rgb

I know that Be Quiet! has some non-RGB AIOs in black, but I don't remember the name. Silverstone might also be worth a look, they have a ton of AIOs of many types. You could also consider custom looping, though it's expensive and nerve-wracking.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are many AIOs that don't have RGB fans. For whatever reason this 280mm is only 60 bucks.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Lx...w-x-768-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-frostflow-x-280

NZXT Krakens have the light up pumps, but not fans. You can just leave part unplugged.

Corsair H100X is still the basic black and grey fans.

be quiet! was already mentioned.

EK sells their AIO without RGB.

EVGA, though it has those slightly odd fans without sides.

On the high end you have the Alphacool Eisbaer line.

Reactions: drajitsh

drajitsh

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2016
There are many AIOs that don't have RGB fans. For whatever reason this 280mm is only 60 bucks.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Lx...w-x-768-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-frostflow-x-280

NZXT Krakens have the light up pumps, but not fans. You can just leave part unplugged.

Corsair H100X is still the basic black and grey fans.

be quiet! was already mentioned.

EK sells their AIO without RGB.

EVGA, though it has those slightly odd fans without sides.

On the high end you have the Alphacool Eisbaer line.
Thank you