Review Team Group T-Force Vulcan SATA SSD Review: Flashy, Fast and Affordable

w_barath

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
For 512GB drives, it doesn't appear to compare very favourably to the AData XPG8200, which in turn hasn't compared very favourably to the Silicon Power SU512GBP34A80M28AB in my own work machine.

Tom's doesn't seem to do reviews / benchmarks of the Silicon Power drives though, curiously. When I see exclusions like this the question that comes to mind is "has SP failed to pay its shill dues to THG, or has THG some politically-influenced reason for not covering their products?"

Tom's doesn't seem to do reviews / benchmarks of the Silicon Power drives though, curiously. When I see exclusions like this the question that comes to mind is "has SP failed to pay its shill dues to THG, or has THG some politically-influenced reason for not covering their products?"
Um... A quick search reveals Tom's Hardware reviewed that drive, or at least the 1TB version, four months ago. >_>

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/silicon-power-p34a80-pcie-gen3x4-m-2-nvme-ssd,6180.html

It was a largely positive review, so Silicon Power clearly must have paid their shill dues. : D

If they don't review a particular drive, it might simply be because they weren't sent a sample to review by the manufacturer. It might also be that they don't have the resources to test every product they are sent, so they might focus on testing the ones that they feel do something unique or better than others they have previously tested, or that are expected to be a popular product due to their brand or other factors.

Scour

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
TeamGroup are stingy with details.

Can anyone tell me how good the GX2 is? Completely different to the Vulcan or not?