team viewer queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Today my ISP decided to use teamviewer to check my router setting, I did not install It but I let it run once. After the team viewer session I decided to remove the file since I did not install it.

I also realize teamviewer made some files in my AppData folder and I deleted every single 1 of em.

Then a Ccleaner scan and removed junks after that.

Just wondering, did I really remove all traces of teamviewer? I do not want people to be able to connect remotely to my computer. Is it possible to take full control of a computer without teamviewer?

Am I at least guaranteed that no1 can see what I'm doing on my computer?

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I initiated the call cause my DNS was changing every few hours. The ISP could only look at the settings of my modem, not my router. I guess the ISP could be trusted since its an ISP

USAFRet

Titan
OK. It's just that this is a VERY common attack scenario.
"Hi, this is Bob from Microsoft/your ISP. Your PC has been generating thousands of error messages, probably from a virus. Please let our representative log on and fix your issue."

'Bob', of course, is not from Microsoft. And your PC is now compromised.

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I did not install it and already had deleted it. Just wondering, since u said the ID is the same but the password changes, even without me having teamviewer on my computer anymore can people still remote access it?

I noted that even after I close teamviewer and ran it again, the ID and Pass is the same, this is without installing btw, just the 'run once" option

Status
Not open for further replies.