[SOLVED] TeamGroup Delta Force 2x8 16gb DDR4 3200mhz Showing as 1600?

Fcc

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
just built my pc today, and my ram should be at 3200mhz, i already turn on the xmp profile and it shows 3200mhz at the bios but in windows task manager show as 1600mhz, but when i disable the xmp profile it says 1200mhz in windows task manager and cpuz.

Am i doing anything wrong?
My MB is a MSI B450m gaming plus

Solution
i just got into CMD as administrator and type a command that i found in Youtube, it is “wmic memorychip get speed” and there it says both of my ram are running at 3200mhz.

Then it's running at 3200mhz.

Never trust windows or task manager for ram speeds, it has eccentricities that sometimes show ram without the double data rate hence showing half speed.

Cpu-z is reliable and will always give you a correct reading.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
just built my pc today, and my ram should be at 3200mhz, i already turn on the xmp profile and it shows 3200mhz at the bios but in windows task manager show as 1600mhz, but when i disable the xmp profile it says 1200mhz in windows task manager and cpuz.

Am i doing anything wrong?
My MB is a MSI B450m gaming plus
Note: Not an expert but i do know a little about this
Its normal your ram works at half the rated clock speed if you haven't turned on xmp or oc manually , at stock the ram works at half the rated clock speed but twice a cycle so yes pretty normal.

Fcc

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
i just got into CMD as administrator and type a command that i found in Youtube, it is “wmic memorychip get speed” and there it says both of my ram are running at 3200mhz.

Never trust windows or task manager for ram speeds, it has eccentricities that sometimes show ram without the double data rate hence showing half speed.

Solution

Fcc

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019

cpuz is also showing it is running at 1600, also and what about if my ram should be 16-18-18-38 1.350volts but when i enable XMP profile it is 16-18-18-36 and 1.358volts? it is better for me to set it up manually to the correct settings and not turning on xmp?

cpuz is also showing it is running at 1600, also and what about if my ram should be 16-18-18-38 1.350volts but when i enable XMP profile it is 16-18-18-36 and 1.358volts? it is better for me to set it up manually to the correct settings and not turning on xmp?
You can use xmp profile it's hastle free and i said back it's pretty normal for your ram at 1600(stock) after xmp you oc it and you shouldn't face any issue with xmp